ZunSport Lower Grille

Bodywork & Interior problems
adszee

Post by adszee »

Don't know if this is the right section but here goes--- has anybody fitted a lower grille covering as supplied by ZunSport UK to a 1.6 Tekna 2015 CVT Dci
my question is will fitting this as a protector for the cooler unit cause the prescribed airflow to be restricted could, it cause it to over heating? I think diesel engines run hotter do they?
Below I have copied a small bit of a report concerning a sort of shutter closer on the lower grille which blocks airflow to the rad

This part of a report on the Internet, link: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/nissan/201 ... .html#main it must be the American version because I haven't got any one of these on my 2015 QQ

The Qashqai comes equipped with a radar system, but instead of mounting this to the exterior of the car or in the grille, Nissan engineers placed it behind the bumper, smoothing the overall appearance. This also helps with aerodynamics, which sees an overall increase in efficiency, presenting a drag coefficient of just 0.32, which isn’t too bad for a tall crossover. These gains come from a redesigned roof spoiler, winglets and a flat floor. There’s also something called an Active Grille Shutter system, which blocks airflow into the radiator. At speeds over 19 mph, the shutter closes, reducing drag, and opening again when the engine needs cooling. This feature comes standard on models equipped with diesel engines and manual transmissions. The results are lower emissions, improved economy and greater stability at speed.
Regards,
Adszee

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Please use the Search facility before starting new thread on this well covered topic :(
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

adszee, I think the 1.5dci does in fact have the Active Grille Shutter System. It is difficult to show it as it only operates when the vehicle is being driven.
Take a look through your front grille and you can just make out the vanes but you can't see any of the operational parts to work out how it moves. Ill try to post a photo later tomorrow to show what I mean.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

adszee, this might help you. Take a look at this previous Post. "Bodywork & Interior" / "Exposed Lower Radiator". There is no photo but facts and I am sure gymdaddy will confirm this for you - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
adszee

Post by adszee »

Thanks all for your replies.
I will have to have a think about the grille as I too have a crossover pack on the bottom of the lower grille, but no chrome bars across.

2015 1.6 Tekna Xtronic Dci Bronze