Help - Glove box question - exposed wires, missing cover?

Bodywork & Interior problems
mikeijay

Post by mikeijay »

Hi There

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a 2014 Tekna that was re-ended a month ago.

I just got it back from the garage and the car looks as good as new, however I know they had to remove the rear window. When I turned on the rear de-mister I was getting a loud clicking noise coming from the glove box like a bad relay or something.

When I opened the glove box - i noticed for the first time that all the wires and cabling are totally exposed behind the glove in full view.

What I wanted to find out if this was normal or have they forgotten to put some sort of plastic cover over it? It looks terrible. I phoned my local Nissan Dealer who agreed they don't think thats right r - but they didn't sound 100% sure. They were also too lazy to bother to check which was a bit annoying.

Before I got and make a fool out of myself going back to the Garage and ask for a part to be fitted that was never on my car in the first place, please can someone confirm if they can see a wire party when the glove is open?

Thanks All

Mike

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Should be a small inspection cover on the back of the glove box, on the left side with an elastic strap running horizontally across it. Fuses are behind this.
mikeijay

Post by mikeijay »

Thank you so much!

I thought I was going mad. I knew that something must be missing. Even the Juke I had while my car was being repaired had a cover over all the wires at the back of the glove.