Replacing the passenger side wing mirror on a 2008 Qashqai

Bodywork & Interior problems
bcg50

Post by bcg50 »

Hello!
My passenger side wing mirror got smashed and I need to change it. I already have the replacement but don't know how to do it! I am sure it is not complicated but haven't found any info/instructions/YouTube video anywhere!
Can somebody help?
Many thanks in advance!
Cecilia

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Can I add a similar question. Thinking of changing the mirror covers when I get the car to a different colour. Loads on eBay. I presume they just snap on/off ?

Advice appreciated. Hopefully this thread can answer 2 questions ! In one 1
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Bullyboy wrote:Can I add a similar question. Thinking of changing the mirror covers when I get the car to a different colour. Loads on eBay. I presume they just snap on/off ?

Search the forum as this has been answered before. Seem to recall that tge plastic lugs that hold tge outer case on frequently snap when the case is removed meaning they would never go back on properly.
bcg50

Post by bcg50 »

"Bullyboy wrote:
Can I add a similar question. Thinking of changing the mirror covers when I get the car to a different colour. Loads on eBay. I presume they just snap on/off ?"
Yes the covers snap on and off.

Anybody who can help with how to replace the whole mirror, please? :cry:
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

gvmdaddy wrote:
Bullyboy wrote:Can I add a similar question. Thinking of changing the mirror covers when I get the car to a different colour. Loads on eBay. I presume they just snap on/off ?

Search the forum as this has been answered before. Seem to recall that tge plastic lugs that hold tge outer case on frequently snap when the case is removed meaning they would never go back on properly.

Thanks did search and people do mention lugs that snap but does that mean the mirror cover is useless when you take it off but the new one going on will be fine ? A little unsure based on the comments.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Perhaps this will help you ! Here are a couple of pics showing one of our replaced QQ J11 Mirror Covers. As mentioned if Lugs break then "If" you ever re-assemble them again they will just not sit tight against the opposing part - there will be a gap. Plastic especially Lugs are normally Flexible to a certainly degree, but also pretty rigid and can easier Snap with the wrong movement - Hope this helps you Dave ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken