Transmission tunnel removal

Bodywork & Interior problems
HRhV

Post by HRhV »

Hi everyone,
First post here as just picked up my QQ this weekend gone. Very impressed!
I am looking to hard wire a phone holder into the usb socket in the central bin to provide charge and connection to the radio.
This isn't my first time doing this on a car, and my current plan is to take it down from the driver's pillar (where the phone mount will be), behind the end panel (door facing) and under the steering wheel.
All of that panel work seems pretty easy to pop off with some bojo tools, but I can't seem to find anything on how to remove any of the transmission tunnel to reach the usb socket.
Any advice?
Any screws or particular order of removal I should follow?
Shall share some photos when all done!
Thanks,
H

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

The rear panel just pops off. It has spring loaded clips. Lift the console lid first for leverage. The wiring to the USB port and 12v socket is then exposed.

console.jpg

006a.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
HRhV

Post by HRhV »

Brilliant, thanks hound!
I am assuming that the gear stick surround is similar Spring clips?
Just want to make sure I can feed all the cabling through!
Thanks for the help,
H
Bpirie1000

Post by Bpirie1000 »

Where did you take the ignigtion feed from. Looking to fit a retro dash cam and hard wire it into the car. The cigarette lighter is constant live. Annoying to have to remember to switch off the camera.

Cheers.. May just head to fuse box and piggy one from there.. Not looked into this yet. Cheers..
Hound

Post by Hound »

H, sorry but I can't help with the gear stick surround although I will have a dig through the service manual and let you know if I find a disassembly procedure. I thought you might only need to get at the electrics at the back end. (The only reason I was in the back of the centre console was to extend the 12v socket wiring to add a socket in the boot.)

Bpirie, I piggybacked into the fusebox to make a neat job of it. It wasn't as daunting as I thought. jonceevee has made a good thread about it, showing which is the best fuse to use - see viewtopic.php?f=29&t=981 (note the revision later in the thread where it is decided that the piggyback connector should be fitted the other way up to the way shown in the photo)
Hound

Post by Hound »

H - I dug out the service manual; hope this helps.

console.jpg

Bpirie - a tip for removing the glovebox (I can't remember if it's in that thread); once you've unclipped the damper on the bottom right, raise the glove box to about half-open position before pulling it out - it is easier that way. It is tough the first time but will detach easier afterwards if required.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »