Nissan Badge (front grille) Replacement

Bodywork & Interior problems
bigk

Post by bigk »

the chrome Nissan badge on the front grille is tarnished at the top of the badge. It looks as though the badge has not been chrome dipped properly but now there is some pitting present which can't be polished out so it is only going to get worse. I showed the dealer some time ago and he said that if it was replaced, the whole grille complete with camera etc would have to be replaced. I found this hard to believe so said I would leave things as they were but now that the badge is pitting, i need to do something so after my long-winded explanation, my question is, can the badge be removed without dismantling the grille?
QQ 1.2 CONNECT With Panoramic Sunroof Vivid Blue December 2017

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I found plenty of chrome genuine Nissan replacement badges on eBay for both the J10 and J11
(example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262044590023), so I'd say yes, you can replace the badge
without the grille - it looks like it clips into the black plastic.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
bigk

Post by bigk »

Thanks for that. I was surprised that the dealer suggested grille replacement when it does look as though it is fixed on with clips.
Hound

Post by Hound »

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

Hound

Post by Hound »

In case it helps to visualise how the badge attaches, I found a picture of a J11 grille without the badge.

grille1.jpg

bigk

Post by bigk »

Thanks again for your research. This will be ammunition to show my dealer(not that I should have to) to prove that the badge can be replaced without having to replace the grille etc as well.
Philuk2k

Post by Philuk2k »

When removing the front badge on a j11 the retaining clips in the grill snap off and the new badge won't stay on
Jon Qash 592

Post by Jon Qash 592 »

Whatever it takes ,car is still under warranty. I would insist on replacement.
Tekna 1.6 Dig-T Magnetic Red. Chrome and Utility packs.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

bigK, as advised get the Dealer to replace it under Guarantee if it is a production fault if all Fails try involving NCS also. Just as a backup this place (again the Name has popped up) also has these Grill Badge Parts if you need them in the end - Best of Luck Dave ;)

http://www.parts.loc8apart.co.uk/nav/au ... Grille.php
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
bigk

Post by bigk »

The pitting on the badge became worse and my eyes seemed to focus on it every time I went to the car! The dealer replaced it when he saw how bad it had got but it shouldn't have passed quality control at the factory in the first place!
Anyway, thankyou all for your help and advice. Keith