Tailgate dampeners

Bodywork & Interior problems
fletchphoto

Post by fletchphoto »

Hi all. Does anyone else have a problem with the tailgate not opening fully, especially in cold weather? Ive cracked my head off it on more than one occasion and its not nice! Yeah I know I should 'be more careful' but surely it should open fully by itself, without having to force it up for the last 12 inches. Maybe there is a simple fix?

pdbartlett

Post by pdbartlett »

I too have had that problem on several occasions, but no suggestions unfortunately (other than not making the problem worse by standing on a pavement as I've also been known to do). :(

- Paul.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I stuck exactly the same comment under "Winter Tips & Checks" last week as it can give you a Big Headache. I tried Lubing them but it did not help they just seem a Little under rated for the Cold Weather. The fix is most probably stronger Dampers but then in the Summer the Hatch will probably "Take Off" :lol: . I will raise this with our Dealer on my next visit. How is your Head ? - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

Both my dampers have failed, my dealer would not replace them until authorised by Nissan, althought my car was in for other repair work
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

As promised today I went to our Dealer and told him I was suffering from “Headaches”. When he asked why I told him about the Rear Hatch hanging and not fully opening and I kept knocking my Brains out what was left of them. I was expecting a discussion on the problem and whether Nissan had improved the Design or a whether a New Strut was now in use etc.... The Technician did not even want to look at the problem he just filled out a Guarantee Formular for NCS, called the Store Guy to place an order and said come back on Wednesday and we will install 2 new Struts (5 min Job) FOC under Guarantee.
Now I have been digging in to try to get some facts but to be honest have not come up with much as most suppliers do not appear to cater for the J11 Struts (new model) but perhaps it is the same part as the J10.

Anyway the Nissan Part I have is #90450 4EA1A 016 80051 016 80051 425N 092/14 and I found this info' after searching the Web, but take a look at the price :shock: :
Stabilus Gas Strut #593932 (Original #90450-4EA1A) / Length 530mm / Stroke 218mm / Force 425 N

https://www.autoteilebilliger.de/stabil ... 932?c=1149

There are also spare parts being offered from wrecked QQ’s at low prices :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Qashqa ... Sw~bFWHSgq

I will wait until the new Struts are installed and see what the outcome is. ;)

Perhaps hopefully this is just a minor batch problem and nothing major. Just a Request would it be possible that some of our Members in Norway (alter, TrondS, Ludlum, vikingred) or Finland (timondi, Maccitus, Turkkinen, Squierrel) or Sweden (Qash, Captain Randall) etc could give some Feedback on this problem as I am sure they suffer with colder temps than the rest of us – Thanks Dave ;)

Strut.jpg

Hatch.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
fletchphoto

Post by fletchphoto »

Thanks for the reply people. I've found it worse when its parked nose up on my driveway which has a slight incline. It would be interesting to see if they fit stronger dampers to cars for colder climates. In the mean time I will just wear my works bump cap :cry:
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Noticed that mine are not opening as well as they used to.
Lubrication hasn't improved them much, if any.
As stated they are probably marginal on ability to do the job and cold weather doesn't help.
Nissan no more...
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well I checked the Tailgate early this morning @ 8*C and the Hatch hungup and would not fully open. I drove to our Dealer and they installed 2 New Struts, on checking the opening function @ 10*C the Hatch opened fully. As the new parts had been in the Store and the QQ in the Service Dept (warm) I drove home and re-checked and they still worked OK @ 10*C. The Part No. Is exactly the same as the previous except for the manufacturing Date of 016/15, cost per Part was around €160, so it will be interesting to see how long they will Last. All Credit to the Dealer for carrying out this work - Dave ;)
fletchphoto

Post by fletchphoto »

Glad to hear you have it sorted Dave. I might take a trip to my dealers and see if I can get a similar outcome. I have a feeling they will more than likely want me to book it in which is a pain. Maybe I should just show them the bump on my head and ask if they would like one too Ha Ha!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

fletchphoto, providing they have the required parts in stock it was around a 5 min Job to remove and install them so you should not need to leave the QQ there - Dave ;)