Front Heated Screen & Rear De Frost Screen

Bodywork & Interior problems
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Since the first real frost of winter ive noticed that one of the heat elements on the rear screen isnt working. Also some of the heated elements in the front screen dont work. Both screens clear but shouldnt all the elements in both windows work 100% ?? I think ill visit the dealer and see if its a warranty issue as the car is barely a year old.
64 plate TEKNA. Any others have a similar problem ? Any advice ?
Simmo

duncho

Post by duncho »

Rear one is easy to break and if this is the case, it won't be covered under warranty. Check whether you didn't scratch the window from inside e.g. when moving larger objects in the trunk and they touch and scratch one of the "wires". Front heated windscreen is covered under warranty as the wires are embedded in the inner glass layer, which you aren't able to break unless of severe damage which would be visible.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

My very first brand new car had Dealer Stickers in the rear window. Soon as I got home I took them off, however what I didn't realise (at the time) was that I had scratched off part of the metal filament. I now make a point of always asking for NO STICKERS on my vehicles.

Sorry it doesn't help you but it might give you a clue as to what happened ?
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

thanks for the replies.....waiting for another frost to check.
Simmo
Jokskot

Post by Jokskot »

If there is a visible break in the rear window "wires" and you can't get your Nissan dealer to fix under warranty, it may be worth trying conductive paint to complete the circuit at the break.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

simmo400, perhaps you will need to look for something like this to repair the Rear Screen, take a look at it, it might give you some ideas - Dave ;)

Defogger Repair Kit : The Permatex No. 09117 Complete Rear Window Defogger Repair Kit includes everything you need to repair broken tabs and grid lines. The kit is available at most auto parts stores.

http://www.familyhandyman.com/automotiv ... r/view-all
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Thanks all for the replies and advice. Nissan weren't interested in a new screen or repairing it but hey don't ask don't get. Have bought a repair kit from Halfords but am waiting for better weather before attempting a repair. Also have bought a tester to fine were the break exactly is. Utube is great for this kinda thing. Will have an update later.
Simmo
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Personally I'd try pushing the dealer a little more in getting the matter resolved . My front screen had a 2-3 inch score on it. The dealer tried to 'buff' it out and failed, so they replaced it. Try writing to the dealer principal which is what I did when the salesmen just kept fobbing me off.
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver