Glove box light (or not)?

Bodywork & Interior problems
podge2207

Post by podge2207 »

I have just picked up my "10" reg Qashqai Visia. This is my first Qashqai (actually my first Nissan)!

The glovebox is not illuminated. I can't find any mention of how to change the bulb in the handbook, yet there does appear to be a very small, inaccessible bulb in the top of the glovebox???

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta.

Alan22

Post by Alan22 »

Hi in mine ignition has to be on also lights have to be on for glove box to work
2014 Premium 1.2 DIG-T Metalic Black
aussiebob

Post by aussiebob »

I was poking around whilst wiring in some electronics to the fuse box, and found that If I took off the dash end cap and stuck my arm in there I could reach the back of the plug for the glovebox light and the cable it's mounted on is long enough to pull the whole thing out through the dash cap hole. I considered at the time replacing it with an LED as it was just a tiny incandescent globe, but couldn't work out what it's size was offhand and so didn't really look for an off the shelf replacement. Be easy enough to hax off and solder whatever you want on there. IIRC the globe was only about the size of a grain of rice.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Hi Bob, how is your QQ going now after the time you have had it ? mine is very good and I am very pleased with it. Have just completed the dash Cam install ti the fuse box behind the Glove box and all is working fine. I now have look at putting under dash and under door lights to come on when the doors open. Have already got the LEDS and the wiring setup , that was provided by jonceebee .
Keep up the good work. I am still looking out to see if I can spot you around.

Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
aussiebob

Post by aussiebob »

Heya Peter - don't want to drag this topic too far off topic, but I might post an update in my gallery thread about how I'm going one year on. I would be interested to see where you can tap into for underdash lighting though. As for spotting me around, I think that's unlikely as I believe you're interstate right ? I'm in SA.