Small stone damage

Bodywork & Interior problems
LudLum

Post by LudLum »

The time has come; got my first paint damage on my car... when i came home from a trip and washed the car i found a small small damage in the metallic paint. Its not big; about 2x2mm. (added a picture, hard to see but...)Someone know where i can buy repair pen or something to fix it with? I dont want it to rust and get bigger :( (PS! have to be able to ship to Norway) i have Nissan Qashqai 2015, Pearl White (QAB) metallic paint.

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Checking eBay, the only QAB pen I found was here, and a suspect-looking touch up bottle here. But they don't describe it as pearl white. There's a genuine Nissan pearl white QX1 here though...
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jone / Nicholas, be careful with the last Nissan Info as this is as stated "QX1" and you need "QAB", there is most likely hardly any difference regarding the color Match. I ordered mine with the QQ from our Nissan Dealer - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound

Post by Hound »

Yep, I did note that it was QX1. However I have seen QAB referred to as "brilliant white" which doesn't sound quite what was required. Trying to match paint with a touch up pen is always tricky and white is a real menace! Maybe the best advice is to contact the most local Nissan dealer, give them the car's paint code and (like Dave) buy a touch-up kit directly from them? Not the cheapest solution, but maybe better than my guesswork!
LudLum

Post by LudLum »

Hello again,contacted my local dealer, response i got was that the color is not available in the Nissan system. It would take some time before new colors come available in "repair kits"Edit: Do you think this will work?: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-QASHQAI- ... 58c0a5e232
LudLum2015-08-25 14:06:26
Hound

Post by Hound »

Not judging by what's been said in their 167 negative and 175 neutral feedback responses...
Dustybin

Post by Dustybin »

I tried to get some touch up paint for my Storm White Tekna, I as we'll found out Nissan don't supply it which I think is shocking.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well! If Nissan can't help, how about buying the cheap one, and testing it on an inconspicuous area like the inside edge of tailgate or door etc, and see whether the colour match is anywhere near good enough? If it's rubbish, at least you didn't apply it where it matters... give to the wife and convince her it's a designer nail polish. But if it actually looks like it might work ok, apply it to the chip and feel smug!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Chipex kits are very good - loads of 'how to' videos on YouTube too, and not overly expensivehttp://www.chipex.co.uk/
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;