Body alignment

Bodywork & Interior problems
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

After having my brand new QQ for a week I reported some poor body alignment to the dealer on their follow-up call, along with badly positioned rear wiper, vibration through steering wheel and very creaky brakes when applied very lightly. They made an appointment for servicing. They repositioned the wiper, said the brakes and vibration were normal (despite my loan QQ not having the same issues), claimed to have cured the bonnet overhang (they haven't) and said the rest of the work would have to be done by the body shop, and I'd need to arrange it. (I thought that it had gone in for assessment and expedition of that very thing.) Here are my gripes about the gaps between panels on the passenger side and the driver's side. The passenger's side is fine. Am I being unreasonable expecting the other side to match?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nicholas, "Am I being unreasonable expecting the other side to match" ? - IMHO No! The main Problem with the Dealers is their attitude to Customers and what they seem to Forget is that the QQ has been purchased with good well earned Money wether the money is cash or on credit.Therefore they should be expected to supply a Service back to the Customer and do not forget if the work is done through Nissan they normally foot the bill. I do not want to keep mentioning this but I always inform NCS by email in writing and with pics of any defect so I have a NCS No. to refer back to in the future, normally I do not need this as my Dealer does not normally argue he corrects it. Just a quick reference to the Body Panels you should push the Point. After installing my Strut Kit it was noticed that the Bonnet had mismatches and my evidence was that it had happened after the installation, but it appears I was the only one. Anyway my Dealer adjusted this Area and corrected it under Guarantee (Panel mismatch is a known Problem). - I hope you get it sorted - Dave Take a look at this Topic and you will find my Panel pics plus some from other members :

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c3202.html

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Customer expectations and those of Nissan Service are often misaligned Tweet Nissan UK with those pics and I'm sure some action will follow. https://twitter.com/NissanUK
Gel2015-08-23 10:50:55
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Hound

Post by Hound »

Thank you gentlemen! I will phone the body shop part of the dealer (a separate operation at a different location from the sales and service), explain the situation and see if I get sense from them. If they seem reluctant to do the work under warranty I will certainly contact Nissan, although I have no experience of Twitter, only Farcebook! Informing Customer Services by email anyway seems a good idea.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nicholas, just to Show you that you are not alone on this Point. Take a Look ! - Dave

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c2871.html

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c2471.html

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound

Post by Hound »

David, thanks again for the useful info. The main thing that bugs me is the alignment between the leading edge of the door and the trailing edge of the wing. As well as the gap being wider than that of the gap between the front and rear doors, there is an ugly bulge on the upper edge of the door. Yet below the creaseline, all is well. I took a rather poor phone photo through the kitchen window, but it shows the sloppy fit.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nicholas, half the Battle is done ! You have the photos available so just sit down and construct a politely worded email with photo attachments to NCS stating your concern with the Body Panels. I have always had an acknowledgement of my mail (computer answer) but with the necessary Nissan NCS Complaint No. then normally around a week later you will get an answer and this could be when the Battle starts and you need to discuss things on the phone. Again normally out of politeness you should inform your Dealer as NCS also should do this to start any proceedings or Action.
Basically you have nothing to lose, you have a QQ you are not happy with and Nissan should be responsible to put it right as it should be "within Limits" as the Gaps to me look well out and are normally gauged and the bulge just is not a pretty sight. You should Not keep quite because otherwise it will just spoil your days with the QQ - Dave
Hound

Post by Hound »

I've been away for a while (no, not in prison or detox!) but finally took the QQ to the body shop today. A chap came out to look at it, took photos, poked bits of plastic into various orifices (not mine, the car's) and booked the car in for some bodywork tweaking next week. So hopefully it will be sorted with no argument!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nicholas, that has got to be a Positive Sign for you at least your QQ has been inspected and the follow up should be the Correction of the Body Problems - Dave ?Y‘?
Hound

Post by Hound »

Dave, I certainly hope so! The car passed its first milestone of 1000 miles on the way home. Other than very small niggles it hasn't missed a beat.