Body alignment

Bodywork & Interior problems
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I should have updated this a while back but anyway here goes.

The body shop said there is no scope for aligning the driver's door. It is fitted with dowels through sleeves which doesn't allow for any fine adjustment fore and aft. The only way to improve shut lines is tweaking the wing. I wasn't 100% sure I believed this, but they had managed to realign the driver's side wing somewhat, and the car looks significantly better. I doubt it would pass a German dealer's scrutiny though!

aligned.jpg

The bonnet could probably still do with some minor adjustment, but I'm probably being too picky now.

There was a white QQ there, in for an engine issue, with perfect driver's door shut lines and wing alignment but a slightly raised bonnet which had quite an overhang on the passenger's side. The passenger side had a door/wing bulge as bad or worse than mine had been. I am amazed this sort of thing gets through quality control; they must be building so many so fast there's no time to correct alignment and the dealers are hoping nobody will notice!

IMAG1242.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nicholas, good to hear that the Body defects have been partially put right and appear generally happy with the outcome. It does pay to keep pushing the Dealers when errors occur. If you are refering to German Nissan Dealers we cannot complain but if you are referring to MB, BMW, Audi then you are talking about higher Quality and obviously cost - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound

Post by Hound »

German Nissan dealers is what I meant Dave - like the ones that spotted your bonnet and rushed to get the calipers and micrometer, LOL.

My dealer couldn't even put the rear number plate on straight (I fixed that today)!
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

I'm convinced that both front doors on mine drop when they open - no-one else can see it. Is it me?
Hound

Post by Hound »

I don't feel like mine drop, although they do need to be closed a little more firmly than the rears or they don't quite shut.

Any play in the door once it's open?
silverdave

Post by silverdave »

Hi I have a Qastqai tekna one and a half days old , After a 7 weeks wait . And sometimes I feel the drivers door drops , But not sure if lift slightly over the lock bar then to normal position, But not having it long will find out more.
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol Auto panaramic roof , Gun grey. Nissan spare wheel.
Front & rear skid plates
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

same here. drivers side door ( left hand drive ;) pops open when using the doorhandle. There is some force behind it.
It started after i had a complaint about wind noise from this door. After they solved the problem the door behaved as described.
It seems they bend the windows frame to solve this whisling. I have a silent car but at the cost of a active door ;)
No big deal btw..
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
Makara

Post by Makara »

You get what you pay for, this is one reason why German cars cost significantly more for an equivalent model.

Also remember the overwhelming majority of buyers would not notice or care about shut lines.
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Makara wrote:You get what you pay for, this is one reason why German cars cost significantly more for an equivalent model.

Also remember the overwhelming majority of buyers would not notice or care about shut lines.
Don't kid yourself on this I have owned three Passat's and two had warranty bodywork adjustments made within days of collection. One on the bonnet alignment and the other a boot lid that would not close without a serious slam or it continually rattled.
Unless you spend serious money like Lexus, Infiniti and upwards there will always be the chance of this sort of problem. Luckily my QQ has had no issues.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors