Roof Rails

Bodywork & Interior problems
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Hi I got a J11 (2014) which came without roof rails. As I want to put a roof box on, I need some kind of a solution. I tried to research for the original part but I could not even find the part number for it. Any ideas ?
We beg for trouble, we get trouble.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Use the search button. The part numbers are in a couple of posts.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Efe, as Ian (gvmdaddy) has mentioned to save Doubling Up on Topics please try and use the "Search" Button.
I put the information I think you are after yesterday on the Forum : see "Newbies" / " Factory Roof Rail Load Bearing" - Hope this helps Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Thank you very much for the advice, but hey, guess what ? I have already done that before openning this question. There is a HUGE crowd out there who have the premium QQ J11 w/o the roof rails and trying to find roof rails (and not pay £ 250 to Nissan). As prices differ from country to country, if we had the P/N I am sure we could find the correct assembly.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I think we have crossed wires here. If you use OEM part numbers then you'll have to get them from Nissan. There will be others available but non originals will not use the OEM part numbers, neither will many of them be load bearing, they will mainly be cosmetic.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

[quote="gvmdaddy"]I think we have crossed wires here. If you use OEM part numbers then you'll have to get them from Nissan. There will be others available but non originals will not use the OEM part numbers, neither will many of them be load bearing, they will mainly be cosmetic.[/QUOTE]
The side market usually refers to the manufacturer's OEM P/N's, thats the reason I am researching for the P/N. With the OEM P/N, it is easier to search for a non-original kit assy. that fits. It also can guide us to find compatible parts with other models. The manufacturers usually try to hide this information from consumers so that they can make more money by selling them as "different". So it helps cross-referencing. (e.g. did you know that some Nissan's parts are the same as Renault's ?)Most cross-referance data is actually available on the blackmarket by epc-data. But they do not have the info on the J11 yet.Lastly, perhaps changing the topic a bit ; my intention raised from the need of attaching a roofbox. Is there any other way of attaching a roof box without using the rails ? I did see little original dents by the door grove, which looks like it was made for attaching some kind of roof rack cross bars.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

There's these for £136, which are steel:
click me
and there are aluminium versions around £169
click me too Hound2015-07-26 13:29:36
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic