Panoramic Roof to Visia????!

Bodywork & Interior problems
Karolis Pukelis

Post by Karolis Pukelis »

Hello guys, i have in plans to make a panoramic roof to my Visia qashqai. i was wondering if anyone was thinking about this? or maybe anyone have done this already?I have an idea of buying qashqai panoramic glass and all the parts,after that i will need to find one crazy mechanic that would like to do that.What you think guys? Is it too crazy idea? Or is it possible? How much could that cost?Waiting for reply guys :)))
Nissan Qashqai Visia / J11a / Dci 110 2wd 6 M/t / 26,3 km/l / 81.0 kW / 10-09-2014 /

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

would think it's a project too far- will affect structural integrity of your QQMaybe worth seeing if you have local sun roof installer- unsure if they still exist.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

I'd agree with Gel.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Karolis, what you are aiming at is a "Project & a Half". This is not like fitting a small open and close Sunroof this is a Big / Expensive Job and who would even take this on. Guaranteed your Nissan Dealer would not even entertain this.
As Gel mentioned this is a Major Structural Rework and when you cut a Big Hole that size what is going to happen to the Bodywork - it will most probably move everywhere unless Jigged. On the Production Line the Computers / Setups / Jigs are all there plus the inbuilt Structural Strengthening.
Now what will the cost for parts and installation etc be is to me a Big unknown factor.
As suggested before taking this on I would contact a Sunroof Manufacturer or Dealers and look into the Pluses & Minuses etc, Webasto is most probably one of the biggest Manufacturers so contact them or look on the Web.
Good Luck Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Kev1nDonn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Kev1nDonn »

I would guess it would work out cheaper to buy a QQ with a factory installed Panoramic Roof and sell your current car. If you decided on a custom job would you be able get insurance?I have a cheap option: Paint a nice mural on your roof lining that way you will always be driving in wonderful weather.
Tekna 1.5 dci in Metallic Grey with Full Leather (Black) and Driver Assist Pack.
omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

Two words.... Insurance .... cost.
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

panoramic roof ???? what is the point of a panoramic roof ???
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
Karolis Pukelis

Post by Karolis Pukelis »

Thanks for answers guys,when i have ordered my qashqai ,i didnt had a chance to buy more expensive one,because my visia already cost 30grand , because of the taxes in Danmark, the one with panoramic roof would have cost to me minimum more of 6grands more - thats more than i could afford. I will try to contact local nissan dealer to ask how much it would cost if i would decide to buy the panoramic roof and all the parts for it ,so i will have bit more understanding how much this project could cost, again thanks guys for answers.
Nissan Qashqai Visia / J11a / Dci 110 2wd 6 M/t / 26,3 km/l / 81.0 kW / 10-09-2014 /