Dash rattle

Bodywork & Interior problems
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

This is what I used, as it says in the description it is white when applied, helps to see where it is going, then goes clear. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holts-Spray-G ... 35e35f81f3
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

questy

Post by questy »

Thanks
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

After 15 months my QQ developed this annoying rattle only when idling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn6_hcUAwjg

What could this be?
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

iceman GR wrote:After 15 months my QQ developed this annoying rattle only when idling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn6_hcUAwjg

What could this be?
Just watched your video and all I can hear is the engine idling, sorry.
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

I just came back from the local dealership and they acknowledged the rattle, said it is not coming from the engine bay so they booked me for Thursday to check the dashboard!
Sorry about the poor sound quality !
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

On rough roads I get a rattle from the passenger vent/dash area and the passenger door. It disappears on a reasonable road surface though, so I haven't bothered to investigate yet. Started at under 3,000 miles - a bit disappointing!

As the weather warms up I will inspect and perhaps try Jon's fix. The door I'll leave to the dealer (45 miles away unfortunately)...
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
michalip

Post by michalip »

had a look at all the threads with rattles from the vents/doors/passenger-driver/tailgate etc
Still cant find how to fix mine which is coming from somewhere around the passenger door and the left side of the dash...will have to take it to NIssan

definitely a plastic rattle
gabelu

Post by gabelu »

Hello, i also have a ratle from the passenger side and when i was searching were it came from i noticed thad my dashboard is 4-5 mm bellow on the right side.
Anyone had this problem and a sollution how to lift it up? . At my local dealer they told me they should remove the entire dash and reinstalling in the correct position.

i have only one month with this car and 2000 km.
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Mine has had the intermittent dash rattle on the passenger side for almost 2 years. Only 5 weeks left to go and then BMW 330GT arrives. The next owner can enjoy the rattle.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
harskouf
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by harskouf »

Hello, i also have a ratle from the passenger side and when i was searching were it came from i noticed thad my dashboard is 4-5 mm bellow on the right side.
Anyone had this problem and a sollution how to lift it up? . At my local dealer they told me they should remove the entire dash and reinstalling in the correct position.

i have only one month with this car and 2000 km.
Mine has the same problem at the passenger side of the dashboard. I went to the Main Dealer here in Greece and asked them to sort it. But they refuse it...They say it is normal to happen and I have to live with that!

I want to sent an official complain to Nissan Europe about that, but it seems that there is no official email address!
Nissan Qashqai Accenta Premium 1.5 Diesel