LED License Plate Holder by ERULUX

Bodywork & Interior problems
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

On receiving our QQ I installed LED Bulbs into the Interior and the Rear No. Plate which vastly improved the Rear Lighting. I have now gone a step further as I like to be seen before being hit up the rear and have now installed a ERULUX License Plate Holder which has 20 Integral LED's and the existing Plate is installed behind a glass front.

This might be OTT for some members but if there is any interest, I am putting together for my personal use an Installation Manual which I can post later when complete - Dave

The ERULUX LED No. Plate Light is an illuminated License Plate Frame, which completely illuminates the Rear License Plate through innovative LED technology. 20 LEDs provide significantly more consistent lighting over the license plate surface than the conventional license plate lighting through its flat construction and stylish frame.
The ERULUX is the perfect system for everyone who wants something special without complications. No new License Plate is required and therefore you do not have to inform the Authorities, no new stickers (in Germany T£V or MOT) and no additional fees - simply insert the license plate in the frame and it is done! The ERULUX is suitable for license plates with a length of 520 mm or smaller, has ABE (German Acceptance) and ECE 4-permission. Outside Dim"ns (L x B x T): 53, 2 x 12,8 x 1,7 cm / Weight : 470 g
This is the Plate in the Flesh :

The Erulux LED Plate Frame is available in a Carbon Look Version applied by Water Transfer Pressure Technology but not Real Carbon, High Quality Material, attractive Design, easy assembly.
Easy Assembly just install the existing Registration Plate into the Outer Surround, Snap the Back Cover in place ensuring the Radii Large & Small match up to prevent moisture entering the Plate Assy. Screw the 2x Back Plates on the car connect the wiring and Snap the Licence Plate Surround to the 2x Plates. Too remove enter a small screwdriver into the 2x Lower Slots and rotate the screwdriver which will pop out the Plate. Here is a comparison of our QQ :

Before with Std LED Bulbs

After with ERULUX LED Plate Surround
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

duncho

Post by duncho »

Looks great :) the only downside is that you are easier to be seen/ identified if you do something wrong ;)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Dave, perhaps you can further modify so it has ability to flash (via 4 way blinkers), which I notice is a feature of US police cars, when they're on "Blues & Twos" (or US equivalent).
Gel2015-06-09 11:29:25
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, what is your opinion on the quality so far? Is it water proof, won't water penetrate in when pressure washed? Could you please make few more close photos (on day light) how the plexiglass is fitted into the frame and how thick it is? Thank you in advance.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, I thought that it made you stand out in the crowd ! Lets face it if you are going to get pulled over it will not be because of an LED No. Plate. ?Y?‡
You are asking a lot of questions that only time will tell how it stands up, I only installed it yesterday. I have done my homework and I did not purchase something expecting it to give problems. Also this is not new and has been on the Market for Years. It should be waterproof as it has a Snap System of fitting together, Wiring inlets are sealed etc.....
I am putting the facts together at present when I am finished I will post it - Dave ?Y?Z
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, just for you to browse over when I am finished I will post more ! - Dave

duncho

Post by duncho »

Thanks Dave :)

sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Hi Dave , the plate looks sensational, the only downside is that I don't think they are available here in Aust. Can you provide some photos showing how you connected the wires to the cars loom ? I will do some research on if they here in Aust. Thanks again, they look great. Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Dave, looking at those number plate frames, I might try and adapt leds to the frames sold here and hopefully it works , but the connection if the wires to the cars loom is what I am after. Can you tell how you dud yours ? Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Peter, I am not sure if these are available in OZ. When I investigated these at first I went through 3 Companies in Germany, Utsch / Erulux and in the end I bought them from Supersignio. These now appear to be getting more on the market the Basic one is around a‚¬70 and the Carbon a‚¬90 and these are available from Amazon / ebay here in Germany - take a look :

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?_ ... rds=ERULUX

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40 ... X&_sacat=0

If you have any problems let me know and I will give the supplier here a call.

As I have mentioned previously I am no electrician and my Dealer done the Donkey Work of installing the wiring for a‚¬22 so why should I do it !. All I asked was with a sketch that the Rear Hatch Panel be removed (possiblity of damage) and an additional wire to be spliced into one of the existing lights fed through a Rubber Grommet behind the No.Plate. The reason was I did not want external wiring to be seen at the Rear. To splice into the existing wiring by just removing the Rear Light was a NoNo as on our QQ the wiring was to short to get a Wire Connection on hence my method.
I am just completing a Document on the relevant information which will be available later - do not Panic it will come ! - Dave