Can I buy Bi-led headlamps to my N-Tec later?

Bodywork & Interior problems
Blizna

Post by Blizna »

Hi,Having been an owner of 3 Jukes, yesterday I got my first Qashqai N-Tec. I am quite a hot-headed buyer and for some reason, I thought the N-Tec does have the BI-Led headlights. Of course I was wrong but now it is too late. Being used to Xenons (my last facelifted Juke had it), I would like to get it replaced but I have no idea whether it is even possible to replace the halogen headlights with these BI-led ones, not sure about the power demands, dimensions of the lamp etc. Would they do it in the Nissan garage? Any idea about the price?ThanksP.

Qash

Post by Qash »

Best scenario is that you need to replace hole unit because you can not change lamps, no one can, not even Nissan i think.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
Blizna

Post by Blizna »

Sorry, maybe it is my English - what I mean is to replace the whole light/lamp device.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I would imagine you can do this quite easily but the cost would be prohibitive. I dread to think what Nissan would want for two new headlight units #overpriced parts
Blizna

Post by Blizna »

So I was told it is technically impossible.
micoclake

Post by micoclake »

It's technically possible but you will need to replace the whole headlamp assembly/cluster. The bulbs cannot be interchanged.

I imagine that a new set would be quite pricey, but you could ask the dealer :)
micoclake

Post by micoclake »

I just saw the last post date :/

Have you sorted this out already?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

£447 each side for genuine new Nissan ones on E Bay; there are also some 2nd hand ones from QQ's that had crashed presumably.

A nearside one for £99 too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... s&_sacat=0

PS:
You guys could do with filling in your signature details on this forum to show location/ model type etc
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
travelusa
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by travelusa »

I have been told by law you cannot fit LED lights if it has not been fitted as manufatuer .
it have to be part of the intainal buy
Car is a 1.3 Nov 2018 160 bhp DCT with 19inch wheels.
Now car is 1.3 Jul 2021 160 cvt Tekna with 19 inch wheels ink blue.
now Car is 1.3 Jan 2024 160 bhp tekna with 19 inch wheels Mag Blue
duncho

Post by duncho »

travelusa wrote:I have been told by law you cannot fit LED lights if it has not been fitted as manufatuer .
it have to be part of the intainal buy
Sure he can, but he must install also headlamp levelizer on the rear axle. Then the sensor should be initialized /calibrated and that's it.
If I would have halogen headlights on my car, I would upgrade it as well. LED headlights can be purchased on reasonable price on ebay + search for breaking J11 and buy headlamps levelizer yet.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!