body work repairs

Bodywork & Interior problems
monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler »

Well have had my car five months and someone has damaged it at work. Just wondered if anyone could recommend body work repairs near the Huddersfield area?Thanks.

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

It depends on how much damage. I had someone run in the back of me in a previous car, bumper scrapes etc. so we agreed on Chips Away doing the repair which was £140 and bypass her insurance. It looked fine and matched very well, but 2 months later two of my rear parking sensors fell inside the bumper when washing which resulted in me having to folk out almost £200 to have the damaged sensor retainer parts inside the bumper renewed and the sensors refitted.So I would advise unless purely cosmetic have a dealer or body shop look at it
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I can endorse these people -http://www.autorestore.co.uk/ Widely used by car leasing companies too.
Gel2015-06-02 12:42:37
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler »

thanks jonceebee would agree, the passenger rear door bottom all dented so needs to be a proper job - am advised that it has to go through a special process also as I have the pearl white paint - very frustrating that people can do this and not take responsibility. Thanks also for recommendation Gel
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I used magnetic motors in Leeds many years ago when a truck trailer hit every panel down one side of my car.The work was good and you'd never have known the amount of damage but that was 15 years ago so it's not recent and I'd be loathe to make a recommendation from 15 years ago.
Nissan no more...
dobXdavid

Post by dobXdavid »

Depends on which side of Huddersfield you are but if prepared to cross the hills to Diggle, Nigel at Diggle Motors weaves magic on my bumps and scrapes. Pre my camera mounted QQ I got plenty with three point (or more) turns and the like in Saddleworth lanes. Dry stone walls and boulders hidden in long grass give rise to many a curse.
1.6 Dig-T Magnetic Red Tekna 1/3/2015
monalisasmiler

Post by monalisasmiler »

Thank you very much shall look into these
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bodywork can be a very Touchy subject as in the end it is what you accept as you have to live with it, but it can also affect the price of the car when you sell it on. You have the situation of repairing with a complete Replacement part, Welding, Reforming or Filling the local Areas etc... Then you get into the color matching side and how much is to be resprayed, Pearlescent colors for eg. have I believe 3 coats : Base / Color / Clear Coat. Unfortunately when you look at resprayed cars especially Metallics in certain lights you can normally see a difference. Here the tendency is when selling for the Dealer to inspect the car under Ultra Violet Light and with Magnets to identify damages especially with Leasing Cars and than offer a lower price or charge for the repair in the case of Leasing.
We had an Audi A6 Avant in Metallic Silver resprayed in local areas by the "Lack Doktor" / Paint Doctor but not large, but these are cheaper than the Bigger Spray Shops. If you find a good Shop then stick with it - Best of Luck Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Much bodywork TLC needed at this Audi dealer!http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... kshop.html When I worked in Milton Keynes, I used this dealer!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

audi already topped the list of least reliable cars last year. Now even the audi buildings are collapsing ;)
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna