Bonnet Shut Line

Bodywork & Interior problems
red baron

Post by red baron »

2 months into the car and I'm compilng a small snagging list. The bonnet has a slight overhang of approx 2mm over the near side wing. I'm fitting some bonnet struts soon, so maybe it'll shift it over a bit. Not a major problem for me but 2 friends have independently spotted it. Is poor bonnet fitting a normal thing on J11 QQ?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

A few others here have raised; maybe get a dealer fix afore you fit the struts, as no doubtthey'd blame them.I have struts on way too.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

red baron, I was at our Dealer a few months back and a Service Guy mentioned that on the drivers side (LH Drive) that there was a side Bonnet / Hood mismatch. I had seen this from new and I had measured it with a Vernier and it was only 1mm (0.039") so I was not unduly worried. He said he would mark it for adjustment in the Body Shop for its 1st Service in August.
Gel, this was seen before both Strut Kits had been installed, perhaps I was Lucky - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qash

Post by Qash »

At least 50% of the QQ would never have gone through quality control in a serious car factory. Although Dacia has better passing and higher tolerances on the bodywork. I have been to the dealers but they have a Nissan mantra - it is normal and it is as it should be - no matter what you say.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
red baron

Post by red baron »

Hi Dave,Put the vernier on mine - 1.2mm. Local dealer suggests I see their "man" for a tolerance check when I am next in the dealership. Apparently Nissan are a bit fussy about the bonnet shut line. Maybe they have had too many complaints. I'd probably be happy if they can shift a bit of it to the off side.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Ian, just raising your Point again on the question of the Bonnet mismatch. I have had our QQ sorted by our Dealer after the Strut Installation and am pleased how it turned out. Take a Look at the Details here :http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c3202.html Regards Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken