Roof Rail marks puzzling

Bodywork & Interior problems
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

I have a 14 plate tekna. The roof rails were all replaced under warranty last June because of the marks on all four end caps. Noticed that all the new ones are marked in exactly the same way.
2014 Qashqai Tekna

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I had mine changed too; gather now they just do the end caps, eliminating need to remove roof lining.

Shame Nissan didn't identify fault & amend spec \QC protocol.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
stuiow

Post by stuiow »

Got a 65 plate Qashqai here too, also noticing that marks too.
Wasn't sure where they had come from, but glad I found this topic.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

ChillQash wrote:Mine is a 65 plate car bought in December and I have the same problem. Nissan build quality has a lot to be desired.
This - noticed it on my 09/15 registered

You'd think that if people have been bitching about it for ages then they'd get the suppliers to do something about it by now

Is it still a warranty repair that can be done at any Nissan dealer, not just the supplying one?
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Warranty repairs can be done at any dealer. Its actually in the dealers interest most of the time as they get paid to do the work from Nissan themselves!

Mine are on order, estimated 1 month lead time but can be done whilst I wait which is good, but yet another trip back! Starting to grind me down now...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, our QQ was probably one of the first to have the Complete Roof Rails replaced in June 15. I was at the Dealers today, washed the QQ by Hand and then stuck it through the Wash Machine for the Full works. I or We checked the Caps and all look very good, I plan to give the QQ a polish so I will then check with a Toolmakers Eyeglass for any Marks. Hopefully Nissan have reacted now and if replacements are available these will be only the End Caps (Cheaper & Quilcker) - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, polished up the QQ then checked the 4 EndCaps with a Toolmakers Eyeglass - Large one @ 3,5x Mag and then a double check with a 10x Mag and found nothing. I might just be lucky at present they might well come back - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

My 07-2015 QQ is starting to show signs of roof rail end cap crazing too.

It will get its first service in the summer so I'll mention it then, and see if
I get the "never seen that before sir" story! :D
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Suggest you get dealer to look at before service as they'll need to verify situation + order- not held in stock.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

oookkkkk sso had my end caps replaced today....... and I'm going to have to go back to get them swapped for a 4th time!

So first, the mechanic pointed out he was not happy as one of them was marked, the paint was chipped. However, after looking at the other 3 I noticed poor paint quality and then took a few steps back..... they are a f***ing different shade of silver! it stand out like a sore thumb!

I am awaiting a call from the service manager but I don't like the idea of just replacing end caps, although they try and mix the paint the same, its always going to come out a slightly different shade each time. going to ask for a full bar replacement as well.

Getting really fed up of my bi-monthly trip to them now.