Door alignment

Bodywork & Interior problems
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

I have noticed that when I open both front doors they drop a few mm, on closing them I have to give them more effort than the rears to close properly.
I was thinking of having a play to see if I could lift them up but the fixings look difficult to access, maybe best leave for the dealer to sort out.
Anyone else had this problem and what was the remedy if sorted?
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.

FoxE

Post by FoxE »

I also noticed that (right from new) and have played with the striker plates but there appears to be no vertical adjustment on them.Other loan 2014 Qashqais from my Nissan dealer have the same problem. It is reasonably subtle but annoying. I'd be interested to see if you or your dealer are able to make any adjustments to the front doors. Good luck!
2014 Nissan Qashqai ST (J11) | 2 litre | Ivory Pearl (QAB) | Xtronic CVT | New Zealand
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Thanks for the reply FoxE, I was beginning to think I was the only one out there with this issue, lol.
Like you say it's more of an annoyance than a problem but not something I would expect from a new car.
I think like you it was there from day one but just got slightly worse over the past couple of months.
I will have a closer look at the door hinges for adjustment before I take it back to the dealers.
DRL mod & mud flaps.
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

I eventually got to look at this and found no adjustment on the hinges.
I had my dealer look at it whilst I had the QQ in for the NC software upgrade ( from D205 to D302) it got to the point the NC system was unusable but that's another story, also the air box modification was done.
The technician made adjustments to the catches and I'm pleased to say they open and close much better now.
From previous experiences I am always reluctant to take my car into the dealers, but I have to say that Evans Halshaw at Doncaster did a great job, fixed all the problems cleaned the car inside and out and gave the car a vehicle health check while it was in.
On the way home I didn't here any noise from the air box and the NC didn't try to reboot itself every five minutes,
Happy days!
DRL mod & mud flaps.
FoxE

Post by FoxE »

Good to hear Mark46. I may try to adjust the door catches myself although I am not sure there is that much adjustment tolerance to resolve my passenger's door.

Cheers!
2014 Nissan Qashqai ST (J11) | 2 litre | Ivory Pearl (QAB) | Xtronic CVT | New Zealand