Problem with Fitting/Design of Rear Mud Flaps

Bodywork & Interior problems
biggster

Post by biggster »

Hello everyone - I purchased an OEM mud flap kit from fleabay, part number KE7884E080. I've offered up the front and rear mud flaps, but I have a problem with the rears, where they don't seem to fit the contour of the bumper:Does anyone else who has mudflaps installed have this problem? I don't want to drill into my bumper until I know that the mudflaps fit correctly. Any advice gratefully received. Many Thanks
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Jonceebee wrote this a couple of weeks ago

Very easy to fit, align flaps with wheel arch, mark the two holes with a
sharp instrument in the wheel arch plastic, drill out to 6mm, push in
the captive type rubber nuts and screw in the torx 6mm screws. There is
another fitting on the underside but this hole is already there, just
remove the rivet type fastenings and push back through the mud flap
hole.The fronts are very easy by turning the wheel, left then
right. I had no problem with the rear as I used a 90 degree attachment
on my drill. The material is so soft a Dremell or similar would do it
easily.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
biggster

Post by biggster »

[quote="PeterL"]Jonceebee wrote this a couple of weeks ago

Very easy to fit, align flaps with wheel arch, mark the two holes with a
sharp instrument in the wheel arch plastic, drill out to 6mm, push in
the captive type rubber nuts and screw in the torx 6mm screws. There is
another fitting on the underside but this hole is already there, just
remove the rivet type fastenings and push back through the mud flap
hole.The fronts are very easy by turning the wheel, left then
right. I had no problem with the rear as I used a 90 degree attachment
on my drill. The material is so soft a Dremell or similar would do it
easily.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks - yes I read his post before trying anything. I've no idea how he drilled the holes for the rears without removing the wheels! However, my problem is that the mud flaps don't correctly line up with the rear bumper (see picture), and if I secured them then there would be an unsightly gap. I wanted to know if anyone who has the flaps already fitted has this problem. Cheers
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Sorry my point was that the pair of you obviously need to 'talk' and compare product. I have purchased the same as Jon but have yet to fit them so I too have an interest. It would seem to boil down to do you have the 'genuine' product?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Biggster, here is a close up of our OEM Rear Mudflap on the QQ. I must say that these were installed by Nissan before delivery. You will see that the contours do match the existing Body Shape with no gaps. As PeterL mentioned are yours OEM or Copies ? I am a great believer in buying OEM stuff as normally the quality is far better but also understand the cost difference from the cheaper varieties - Hope you get it sorted out Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
biggster

Post by biggster »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]
Hi Biggster, here is a close up of our OEM Rear Mudflap on the QQ. I must say that these were installed by Nissan before delivery. You will see that the contours do match the existing Body Shape with no gaps. As PeterL mentioned are yours OEM or Copies ? I am a great believer in buying OEM stuff as normally the quality is far better but also understand the cost difference from the cheaper varieties - Hope you get it sorted out Dave[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much, Dave - My ones are indeed genuine Nissan articles, even though I sourced them from ebay. Your look like they fit perfectly. I'm thinking that I will return them - is there even much benefit from fitting mud flaps?Cheers
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

biggster, personally I find these a good addition especially if you have unmade or unmaintained roads and you kick up the stones, as body damage such as chipped paint costs money or results in rust if not addressed. Here they use in the winter no salt but grit on the roads and this can play havoc resulting in stone chips. Personally I think they look good also but each to their own ?Y‘? - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

mine were genuine but must admits on rears I have small gap showing; I just accepted it, as couldn't be bothered with hassle of removing rear wheels to make fitting somewhat easier.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

biggster, I have been thinking about your problem and when I look at the position you are holding the Mud Flap it does not appear to be correct. If you look at my pic you will see the radial and straight top edge are level and mate with the existing Body Panel, yours does not. Could you try positioning it a little higher and see what it looks like, also when screwed the deformation (flexible) would most likely correct itself - give a try Dave ?Y‘?
biggster

Post by biggster »

Thanks all - I'm going to take another look and see if I can get them to mate up any better. If not, They'll be returned/going on eBay!Cheers