Check your boot bodywork!

Bodywork & Interior problems
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Today I noticed my poor '14 QQ is wounded and prompting me to seek the dealer sooner than I thought :( Seems as though the boot door when shut bounces down before rising back up, but its enough for the bodywork of the boot door and the rest of the car to rub together and over the last 6 months have worn through the paint down to the metal! This is on the driver side, but its started to happen on the passenger side as well... oh well, and here was me thinking I would have a QQ that would not be returned for warranty work :(

nissanskyliner

Post by nissanskyliner »

Love your colour by the wayI found my paint seemed much thinner than yours looks, already my drivers door bottom scuffed and wearing thin
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Thanks Splank - I've now noticed that even though I'm using a canvas bumper protector, there are definite scratches in the paintwork from the dog jumping in and out. Grrrr. Time to get a dog ramp. On the bright side, I don't have the issue pictured in your photos...
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Chrissya

Post by Chrissya »

I have a 1.5 Tekna,had it since May and have had 4 stone chips so far. I think the paint is quite thin as we have never had this problem so bad with previous cars. Or am I just unlucky?
Chris
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

3 months, 4600 miles and all good as new.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Deleted User 759

Maybe just my boot door is not set correctly then rather than a common issue which is good for the rest of you but bad for me :( Oh well, got a call from them this morning asking me to nip in when I next can!
TC3

Post by TC3 »

6k on mine and can not see the same issue Splank. Least it is out ofsight and will be sorted
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

muscc088

Post by muscc088 »

Hi Splank,

I've got the same exact problem that yoh are reporting above... The car now has 6k kms but the issue was there from day one. The dealer touched up the paint upon delivery but the touch up did not hold on and the scratch was immediately totally exposed. Having said that, over time the scratch did not get worse, and the door doesn't seem able to get in contact with that panel, not even when vigorously pushed and shaken... In this respect i wonder wheater these scratches might have been caused on the assembly line.

On a separate note, i had a scratch developed on the drivers door (on the upper internal side)...
I visited the dealer and the door was set and the problem has now been solved... Eventhough the scratch will remain there as the touch up paint only lasts a couple of days before falling off.
2014 QQ 1.5 dci Tekna in Storm White + crossover pack + front lip chrome finisher
Deleted User 759

ThanksI have accepted touch up in the areas (going in on Tues) , but if it fails I will then demand a respray otherwise it will just rust as its down to metal! I am not sure if the issue has been there from day 1, but they adjusted the boot door stops by a couple of clicks on either side so fingers crossed