Poor OEM mats design

Bodywork & Interior problems
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

F1Bob, I think that this will be the Velour Type carpet which should be " Bendable" like the normal Interior ones. We did have the "Plasticy" one in the Juke and it was a pain to get under due to the raised sides - never used it in the end . Lifting the 1st Flexiboard to Access the Spare Wheel Area should not be a problem but how often do you really dig that Deep who needs Tools when you have a QQ ?
The Dealer should have it today, when I get it probably next week I will let you know its habits - good or bad Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="duncho"]Have anyone experienced boot mat made of "cheap rubber-plastic" material, which cause slipping anything you leave in the boot? Is there anything that Nissan made of good quality?!?[/QUOTE]Perhaps that would make a good demonstration of the qualities associated with Winter tyres when compared to Summer ones?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

F1Bob, this is what it should look like - Dave

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I got a free (postage only) rubber boot liner from a forum member who had a spare, and it bends up nicely when I put the rear board in the vertical position for shopping, and goes flat again afterwards too. It was a great addition to the car!
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

F1Bob, as promised here is the relevant information and feedback on the Trunk Area Carpet :

This was the problem on the Flexiboard surfaces :

1. This is the Plastic Type we had in the Juke and folding back was a problem :

2. This is the new carpet folded back and tucked under the Trunk Cover (could well do with a small strip of Velcro stuck on both parts so that it stays in position or use the wife )

3. With Front Flexiboard raised :

Now the access to the Spare Wheel Area could well be a problem, but the front area is accessible by lifting the flexible front Flap Area. The question remains how often do you need to get any Spare Wheel or Tools out in an "Emergency" situation, I cannot remember the last time. Between the Flexible Cover and the Flexiboards we Store our Fold Down Shopping Bags (just to please the Mrs) so then we are set.
What I have done for the Winter Gear (Sprays / Scrappers etc) or Tools was bought this Bag from good old Lidl and I place it behind the Drivers Seat (it includes Velcro Strips to retain it) or in the Rear Cargo Area (there are only the 2 of us the Kids have gone )

So there we go Chew this over and see what you think - have a good day Dave
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

Quick update on my Rubber mats - they lasted 20,000 miles before they got a hole in the drivers side - the others all look like new which is a shame as you can't buy just a drivers one :-(So, they have gone in the bin and I've just fitted some £14.99 mats off eBay and have to sayi) They fit better and have a grippy under-surface so they don't move about (the drivers side is secured)ii) They look better being the same colour as the carpetiii) They smell nice (like having a new car again!)iv) I can change these every 12 months for the next 2 years for less than the OEM rubber mat pricesWhat have I learnt? Don't buy Rubber mats from Nissan as they don't last long and they don't fit properly when first fitted (and for some, this never changes).Onwards and upwards :-)
chee

Post by chee »

Have you got a weblink to the trader on ebay and picture?
2014 (64) Nissan Qashqai, Gun Grey Tekna, 1.2
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

My drivers side mat started to wear through, they were 10 months old and had 8000 miles on. Phoned dealer and told them the problem and was told that because I brought them with the car I get 3 years warranty so they said drop in for a replacement set, to which I did and they gave me a new set and let me keep the old ones also! O and I was told that if I brought them after I brought the car it was 12 months! Bit of a swiz really!Monkeywba2015-07-03 20:14:26
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

[quote="chee"]
Have you got a weblink to the trader on ebay and picture? [/QUOTE]
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121598553710? ... X%3AITHere you go