Poor OEM mats design

Bodywork & Interior problems
duncho

Post by duncho »

Here is a label from that piece of OEM crap. I was lucky that dealer was so kind and returned me the money on his expense and also left me the mats which I anyhow will replace or give to someone. Nissan should really change their poor strategy of dealing with customers and avoid the marketing lies.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

[quote="Dr_Niss"]My rubber mats fit properly.[/QUOTE]
Same here - they needed some time to bed in but are fine now and love the fact you just take them out and jet wash them!
duncho

Post by duncho »

Rear ones adopted to the gap by rime, but the front one is still the same as on 1st photo of initial post. RHD mats seem to be fine, just LHD mats are affected.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi rm0rgan, just to give you a brief update. I installed these mats when I got back from Florida and they have been in now exactly a month and the slight defect on the front passenger side is still there. It would appear that it could just be a LHD problem but it ain't a RR and I can live with it, as the mats are protective and easy to maintain - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Ours are much the same. There is some improvement after 6 months but not perfect. However, they do the job very well and are easy to take out and wash so all in all I am happy with them. They are also lasting better than the set we had in the Juke as I wore a hole in the drivers mat with my right heel.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

F1 Bob, you should have taken your Spiked Snow Shoes off and drove in your Slippers - Dave ?Y?‹
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]F1 Bob, you should have taken your Spiked Snow Shoes off and drove in your Slippers - Dave ?Y?‹[/QUOTE]
Why didn't I think of that. Explains why the carpets in the hall are full of holes as well.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

We have still only done 1000Kms as we have a problem getting out of the Lounge Door . We had previously the problem with the Insulation Material coming away from the Flexible Cover over the Spare Wheel (repaired with wide sticky tape) then this for me slight Fold in the Rubber Winter Carpet. Now we are noticing what is called here "Fussel" (fuzzy Material standing up) on the Trunk Mat which is caused by rubbing (too much Shopping), so to me it is an eyesore so I have ordered a New Trunk Mat KE840-4E000. To me nothing Major, no big problem have informed the Dealer just as Feedback / NCS a big NO ! - Dave
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Thats good news Dave. I would not want NCS to be overworked We also have the problem with the boot carpets (well felt matting). I think I will look into a boot mat but it needs to be a soft one so that it can be folded back to give access to the area below the floor where I store everything I don't know why I bougt it plus a few things that are never used but if I take them out of the car I will need them the very next time we drive.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Have anyone experienced boot mat made of "cheap rubber-plastic" material, which cause slipping anything you leave in the boot? Is there anything that Nissan made of good quality?!?