Poor OEM mats design

Bodywork & Interior problems
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, I have just accidentally found on one of the russian e-shops that they pointed out on the same issue and warn their customers not to buy them! Seems to be well known issue. Details http://www.bauwelt-at.ru/NQ14.pdf

duncho2014-09-22 21:06:44
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

Hi. Just thought I'd post my observations - I ordered the same mats from Nissan and they had the same issue as the first picture, however, they have been in the car for a week or so now and seemed to have 'moulded' into shape. The gaps shown have gone.

If you have them, you might want to give them a. Little while to bed in. Hope this helps
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

rmOrgan, that is a good point you have raised as I must admit I just done a dummy run with them to see if they fitted. When I get back to Germany it will be the start of the Cold Spell and I will install and observe - thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

Welcome Dave - I have to say, what is quite pleasing about them is they dont smell of rubber at all!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Can you not give it a wave with a heat gun or hairdryer?Obviously be very very careful you dont set the car on fire but applying a little gentle heat may settle those edges into placeAgread it should be made to measure but moulding plastic to bang on fit is an art
duncho

Post by duncho »

After 2 months, German customer support has replied on faulty design rubber mats. What a joke, they confirmed now they produce low quality products and behave with ignorance that it still can be used, even if it does not fit properly!

duncho2014-11-10 16:24:13
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Eziv2730

Post by Eziv2730 »

I have the same issue but I didn't care because these rubber ones came with my Qashqai free of charge. I had to buy those satin ones though -- but those are cool, fit well.
White J11 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 CVT
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

[quote="duncho"]After 2 months, German customer support has replied on faulty design rubber mats. What a joke, they confirmed now they produce low quality products and behave with ignorance that it still can be used, even if it does not fit properly!

[/QUOTE]
Fair play, that is the most terrible customer service reply I have ever seen - I'd be tweeting and sending that one everywhere - what ignorant twats.
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

No influence on the functionality? Bloody hell, they might as well forget the swoopy design of the car and make it look like a Lada Riva going by that mad logic.
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

My rubber mats fit properly.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.