Poor OEM mats design

Bodywork & Interior problems
duncho

Post by duncho »

As fall is quickly approaching, I installed OE Nissan rubber mats yesterday. I was surprised as they don't fit properly. Anyone has similar experience?front passenger side:detail right:detail leftrear right:rear left:
duncho2014-09-22 13:07:32
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

Straight back to where you got them from, that really is poor....
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="paulyoung666"]Straight back to where you got them from, that really is poor....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but these are OEM Nissan rubber mats. I suppose all of us who bought them will have the same issue. Maybe not as you guys have RHD models in UK.
duncho2014-09-22 13:08:10

Wolf97

Post by Wolf97 »

Surly these are not the correct mats for your car. J10 or J11? Mine fit perfect RHD J11 Were you supplied RHD instead of LHD?
65 plate Tekna 1.5 diesel in Storm White
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Wolf97"]Surly these are not the correct mats for your car. J10 or J11? Mine fit perfect RHD J11 Were you supplied RHD instead of LHD? [/QUOTE]
Could be correct in your thoughts there, mine fit perfectly as well, so they may be RHD ones you have there Daniel
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Duncho, before we set off on holiday I ordered the same OEM Mats (LHD) for the winter months and I installed them as a dummy run and exactly the same problems occured with small distortions in the corner areas. OK they do not look pretty but as long as they serve the purpose of retaining the snow and water then I will be happy. Now if you really want a Mat which is 3D Designed then you need to go for "Weathershield" from the USA. These are designed to fit into every contour of the Floor/Mat area correctly. I ordered some from the European Supplier in Italy for the Juke but it turned out to be a bit of a developement job for me as the US Jukes have different floor retainers than the European and they admitted they had missed this point. But despite this I had no slipping of the mats as they fit exactly to the footwell form and the snow/water was retained. The other factor is they are b----- expensive.Weathershield Mats :As I know some of you are interested in manufacturing techniques, then take a look at the attached video. The mats are manufactured only at present it appears for the US Nissan Rogue. I hope this is of some interest - Davehttp://www.weathertech.com/nissan/2014/rogue/f ... e=youtu.be
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, sorry I forgot this comment ! The LHD or RHD cannot be interchanged because the Drivers Side Length is shorter than the Passenger Side and there is a problem with the length in the Pedal Area. When I received mine the Nissan No. was the same for LHD/RHD and I thought "Whoops" these are wrong but they were not - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, thank you for the feedback on yours and the link you sent me with. If I get my money back from Nissan, I will buy those. I don't want expensive crap which does not fit properly. Jon, could you please take photo of yours (RHD) version. Especially, I'm interested in areas where I have not perfect fit (rear ones near doors & front passenger mat). Thank you

duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Wolf97"]Surly these are not the correct mats for your car. J10 or J11? Mine fit perfect RHD J11 Were you supplied RHD instead of LHD? [/QUOTE]
It's OEM accessory KE748-4E289 for LHD Nissan Qashqai J11.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Duncho, just to confirm again that the OEM LHD No. Mats that I have is exactly the same (stated on a previous Topic) as your quoted No. above, so we are OK except for the slight bulges.Wolf97, you cannot interchange these mats from LHD to RHD as there is a difference in the Mat Length for the Driver (Shorter) and the Passenger Side (Longer).Also more importantly there is a Nissan System to prevent the Driver Mat sliding up under the Pedals (only drivers Side). This method is by removing and re-fitting 2 plugs (marked in Red) which importantly secure the Mats from sliding forward- please see the Pic - Regards Dave