Cleaning of Tekna Wheels

Bodywork & Interior problems
DIM4762

Post by DIM4762 »

Hi,I have noticed that I have faint scratch marks on the black bit of the wheels. I clean them using a microfibre cloth, soft brush and meguiars gold shampoo.Does anyone else find this problem. Looks like I'm going to have to polish the scratches out.

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Same on mine. I use Bilberry wheel cleaner with microfibre wheel brushes and the regular applicationof a wheel sealant. It was the same on the Juke. Have stopped worrying about it now and will polish them out when the car is next waxed.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
DIM4762

Post by DIM4762 »

Hi F1 Bob,Its looks like perhaps the microfibre is causing the scratches!A bit annoying. There must be something else out there that won't cause scratches.Thanks for sharing.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Yep, same here using a Halfords wheel brush. Although I don't have time to clean the car these days so the road dirt and brake dust does a good job of hiding the marks haha!
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="DIM4762"]Hi F1 Bob,Its looks like perhaps the microfibre is causing the scratches!A bit annoying. There must be something else out there that won't cause scratches.Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE] I find my power wash sorts this out just fine. Like many on here I don't really go in for the spit and polish routine and it takes less than 5 minutes with foam and the Karscher to bring everything back as new.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DIM4762

Post by DIM4762 »

That's worth a thought SplanK, don't bother washing the car, I like it.PeterL, Karscher would be a lot quicker and easier and no scratches!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I'd caution when using Karcher to try & avoid pounding down at full pressure, on area around air pressure nipples in case of water ingress, especially with the more expensive type we have that are monitoring pressures electronically. Ditto on any sensors on the bumpers front & back; I always turn pressure right down on these vulnerable electronic bits
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

In my experience you may think that a quick blast with the Karcher is doing the business but a few months down the line a close inspection will show a different story. Sadly there are no shortcut and it does take time to do a proper job, perhaps not every week but at least once a month.
MikeGS

Post by MikeGS »

I was just thinking of taking the car to the car valet service in my local Homebase car park. Would you guys not recommend that?
2014 Tekna 1.6 CVT Storm White (well if I ever get it!!)...Ordered late April....Due Oct 10th....Delayed until Jan 2015!....Brought forward back to Oct 15th Oct!.....Collected 15th Oct... Happy days
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

No, no,no. It,s the quickest way to permanently scratch your paintwork. Have you seen these guys work. Sponges used in buckets of shampoo for car after car without cleaning or changing the sponge or water. Cars not properly rinsed before or after washing. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea.