Annoying wind noise-possible solution!

Bodywork & Interior problems
Sqashqai

Post by Sqashqai »

HiI have had a problem with wind noise on the driver's side of the car since I picked up the car in May (also a lot of noise when driving in the wet-you'd think the water was going to scoot up your trouser leg!). This has been driving me nuts and ruined the enjoyment of my new car since day 1. It has been back at the dealer a number of times. The door mirrors have been on and off a few times and new sealant added. One dealer said that it needed new door seals-this has not been done. The last time it was in the dealer they said they could not hear anything wrong-which was really annoying as I knew it shouldn't be like that. I was getting worried I was just going to have to live with it as it was my opinion v the dealer. However I think I have found the problem myself! There seems to be a part missing-there is a seal at the bottom of the window frame that the window slides down into that is missing on the driver's side (see picture below-passenger on left, driver on the right). On the right you can see right down into the door-bottom of the door and view the window winder mechanism etcSo, if anyone else is having the same problem with wind noise/puddle noise, well worth checking that the seals on both sides of your car have been fitted.I have still got to get the dealer to fit the seal so i can't yet confirm that this will sort the problem-but I'm really hopeful as there seems to be a good reason for it to be noisy on one side of the car. and

Sqashqai

Post by Sqashqai »

Just in case it's not clear what the photo is, this is a zoomed out image
Qash

Post by Qash »

Should the missing piece be on the inside of the windshield or the outside?
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
Sqashqai

Post by Sqashqai »

HiInside, but not sure 100% because you can only see so much of it on the passenger side because the part is in the door and I don't know what the whole thing looks like. But I think it is a part that is on the inside of the windshield.