Exposed lower radiator...

Bodywork & Interior problems
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I asked Zunspeed about the impact of fitting the grill with the cross over pack and chrome front lip.This was their reply:

Hello Jon.

Many thanks for your enquiry.

90% sure if you wish to fit the grille you would need to remove
the Chrome Strip please see attached fitting instructions.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Peter Langston

Zunsport I am now looking at buying some black mesh and attempting to make a template for top and bottom air vents and possibly using black cable ties to hold in place using the vertical plastic parts of the moulding. As taking of the bumper and fitting behind as Duncho has done looks a step too far for me to attempt.

jonceebee2014-09-23 09:13:21
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Jon, keep at it as that is the way I would go hope your solution works out. I used Grills from the US installed from the front on our Juke but installed them with Angle Brackets and screws instead of the Cable Ties supplied which was easier for access. Keep in touch as I am interested with this method - Thanks / Regards Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

Just fitted the ZunSport grill, quite easy to fit but uses screws at the ends as well as the clips on the centre section, it fits so tightly that the masking tape they recommend to protect the bumper cannot be removed if behind thge grill after fitting so try not to put it on too deeply in. I was sent a 15% off code on the email reply to a query as the website said it was a 2litre diesel by mistake.The heavens opened after fitting so no pics.It fits so tight that I can quite see the chrome trim, if fitted, causing problems.
Dr_Niss2014-10-10 19:45:52
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
ukwebb

Post by ukwebb »

[quote="Dr_Niss"] I was sent a 15% off code
[/QUOTE]
care to share the code?
English by Nature, Yorkshire by the Grace of God
Qashqai 2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Magnetic Red - ordered April Born Oct 15th 2014
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

If a friend uses my membership number at check out they will receive a 15% discount and I will have another entry in a prize draw. I will PM it to you
Wolf97

Post by Wolf97 »

[quote="Dr_Niss"] Just fitted the ZunSport grill, quite easy to fit but uses screws at the ends as well as the clips on the centre section, it fits so tightly that the masking tape they recommend to protect the bumper cannot be removed if behind thge grill after fitting so try not to put it on too deeply in. I was sent a 15% off code on the email reply to a query as the website said it was a 2litre diesel by mistake.
The heavens opened after fitting so no pics.
It fits so tight that I can quite see the chrome trim, if fitted, causing problems.

[/QUOTE]
Dr_Niss
Please send pics. I live near to Cannock where they are based and am thinking of purchasing. Would be great to see what it looks like first, did you get the stainless steel or the black?
65 plate Tekna 1.5 diesel in Storm White
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

[quote="Wolf97"]Dr_NissPlease send pics. I live near to Cannock where they are based and am thinking of purchasing. Would be great to see what it looks like first, did you get the stainless steel or the black? [/QUOTE]I'm off to a course by public transport early tomorrow but will try Sunday
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

Here it is
Dr_Niss2014-10-12 13:02:05
Wolf97

Post by Wolf97 »

That looks great. Thanks for posting pics. Any problems with the sensers or the cameras?
65 plate Tekna 1.5 diesel in Storm White
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

The forward facing camera is behind the windscreen I think and the cutouts for the sensors fit and no problems there.I like the look too but the main reason for buying this was the protection to the exposed heat exchangers.