Exposed lower radiator...

Bodywork & Interior problems
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Wheelie Bealie"]Yeah agree about making your own and normally I would relish a little project like that but I need my car up and running and I don't really have time to take all the bumper off, cut a template to fit and then cut the mesh and find a way of fixing it. Best price I found in the UK was about £25 for a sheet of mesh big enough.[/QUOTE]
Right, I agree if you are busy it's no go. I had my long term holiday when I did that so there was space for playing. The mesh you just bought is nice, but the only thing I don't like is that it hides bumper perforation, which in my opinion is nicely designed
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Right then... fitted the grill, the hardest bit was getting it out of the wrapping, if I said it took me five minutes that would include getting out and putting my tools away afterwards (flat bladed screwdriver and some side cutters).Pictures of before (although we all know what a QQ looks like from the front!)... and after...
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Wheelie Bealie, that is a nice neat Job and certainly is good for the protection. Personally I think something is now missing from the front by hiding the existing forms I would have preferred the protection from the rear. But everyone to their own and it is down to personal preference. Looks well done - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Its always good to be protected from the rear! DaveBerlin - as I previously mentioned on this (or the other) forum, if I could afford to have the car in 'down time' whilst I remove the bumper, cut a template, cut and fit the mesh then I too would have gone in from behind. Needless to say for the total of a couple of emails, a very helpful Russian seller and 110USD (which equated at the time to £68.48 of our fine GBP's) then this solution suits me just fine and dandy If anyone wants the sellers details then PM me.
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

[quote="jonceebee"]
Yes I was thinking the same, I also have the front cross over trim so until we see Wheelies fitting info. I will not be doing anything. I had already contacted www.zunsport.com about theirs and got this reply. Until I see images of this again cannot make a decision.

Hi jon,

Many thanks for your enquiry.

We have recently completed the development of this
product they will be in stock by 19th September.

With or without front parking sensors .

Please check our website for updated position.

Best Regards

Peter Langston

Zunsport

01543 273642 (P)I was also contemplating buying some honeycomb alloy style trim as sold by Halfords etc. and looking at cutting to siz and fitting behind the bumper somehow, but finding a way of fixing it looks a problem

[/QUOTE]Zunsport are now saying 29th September
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Mine took two weeks from point of paying until it arrived... from Russia. Anyway for those of you still contemplating...
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Not bad- looks very good; how does it fix? What's approx. cost & did you get clobbered by £Customs£ etc?? Your lower bumper seems to have 2 colours; guess it's a shadow
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
ukwebb

Post by ukwebb »

i'm undecided -Duncho's idea of fitting a sheet behind makes it appear as though its supposed to be there, but the russian or ZunSport one looks more obvious/distinctive.Duncho - where did you buy the material from? how much was it? could it be done without dismantling half the car?
English by Nature, Yorkshire by the Grace of God
Qashqai 2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Magnetic Red - ordered April Born Oct 15th 2014
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Cost me 110USD (£68.48) and the seller accepted PayPal, the other guy I was looking at buying from (another Russian) would only take Western Union. I've not heard too many good things about Western Union and that coupled with being able to pay with PayPal plus the guy I bought from (Alexey) was right on the ball, quick to respond and very helpful. TBH he made it really easy, even to the point of sending me some pictures as he boxed it up! I managed to track it all the way from the point of posting (via www.russianpost.ru) up to the point of delivery (www.parcelforce.com) with the one tracking number. @Gel yeah my car came from the dealer like that, do you think I'll be able to T-Cut it out? No I didn't get clobbered by customs, the box was correctly marked as to the contents. I think if the item is under a certain value then you don't pay excise but I can't be too sure, the HMRC website isn't very clear in what you have to pay in excise duty at all. I bought a slightly dearer item from the USA a week or so beforehand ($150US), that arrived a day later than the grille and I didn't have to pay excise duty on that either - again a correctly labeled box as to the contents etc.
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="ukwebb"]i'm undecided -Duncho's idea of fitting a sheet behind makes it appear as though its supposed to be there, but the russian or ZunSport one looks more obvious/distinctive.Duncho - where did you buy the material from? how much was it? could it be done without dismantling half the car?[/QUOTE]
I bought the mesh here: http://goo.gl/T2iZWR they have what ever design you want. The one I bought costs 7.90 EUR. I ordered naked mesh without black tint. Friend of mine runs business in comaxit powder painting, so I brought it there and he made it black. It was another 10,- EUR. You can however order the black mesh straight away and it costs the same as non painted. I just wanted to have it more rigid so that color remains on even if you closely pressure wash it. You can install it without disassembling the car front. Guys in Polish QQ club did it so: http://goo.gl/AFd3PRThis is how it looks like without disassembling the car: http://goo.gl/w77Vcu

duncho2014-09-19 08:52:38
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!