slightly different shade behind panoramic

Bodywork & Interior problems
nsign7

Post by nsign7 »

Hi all..
Took delivery of a magnetic red Acenta Premium at the beginning of the month and have just recently noticed this.

The panel behind the panoramic window seems to be a slightly different (lighter) shade to the rest of the bodywork? I only noticed it after looking out of the bedroom window down onto the car.

Anyone else noticed this?

nsign7

Post by nsign7 »

Forget to mention. A great site with some really useful information. ...
john w

Post by john w »

Most likely been damaged somewhere along the way then be resprayed
nsign7

Post by nsign7 »

Thanks John.

I did specifically ask if there was any damage during delivery and the dealer said there was nothing.. I guess I will need to bring it up with him...
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I've noticed similar on front and rear bumpers on some of the metallic cars I have noticed some are a slightly different shade to the rest of the bodywork. My white one does show a slight colour change when dull but ok when sunny. I have seen red ones where it really stands out. I cannot imagine why the roof should show a different shade unless this is painted separately from the rest of the car for some reason
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Kris

Post by Kris »

Do not say this is the answer but looking at painted surface at different angles can make the same colour look different, but as jonceebee says if painted at same time then will all be same batch and same shade.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet
nsign7

Post by nsign7 »

I spoke with the dealer and he advised that I would need to bring it into the dealer and show them before they can consider it further.... which is fair enough, so will take it in tomorrow.

Funny thing is, it's not really noticeable standing next to the car. Need to view it from some distance and looking down on to it.

Perhaps because of the panoramic sunroof the painting process is different?

Would be interested if anyone else with the magnetic red AP/Tekna has observed this?

nsign72014-07-29 14:40:32
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Not noticed on our car.
tekna cvt mag red
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

You often find a slight colour change between metal and plastic panels.
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

[quote="jonceebee"]
I've noticed similar on front and rear bumpers on some of the metallic cars I have noticed some are a slightly different shade to the rest of the bodywork. My white one does show a slight colour change when dull but ok when sunny. I have seen red ones where it really stands out. I cannot imagine why the roof should show a different shade unless this is painted separately from the rest of the car for some reason[/QUOTE]
Bumpers are most noticeable as paint appears different when painted on plastic versus metal surfaces. Some colours are just much more noticeable than others.
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna