slightly different shade behind panoramic

Bodywork & Interior problems
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

[quote="tomo2001"][quote="jonceebee"]
I've noticed similar on front and rear bumpers on some of the metallic cars I have noticed some are a slightly different shade to the rest of the bodywork. My white one does show a slight colour change when dull but ok when sunny. I have seen red ones where it really stands out. I cannot imagine why the roof should show a different shade unless this is painted separately from the rest of the car for some reason[/QUOTE]
Bumpers are most noticeable as paint appears different when painted on plastic versus metal surfaces. Some colours are just much more noticeable than others.[/QUOTE]Just what I had already said tomo2001
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14

nsign7

Post by nsign7 »

Thanks all for your responses. I tried to upload a few pictures but kept getting errors.
it's possibly due to the spoiler being plastic and therefore looking darker compared with the two metal roof panels behind the panoramic window.
Although the colour of the metal roof panels do look lighter than the door, tailgate or bonnet panels all of which are metal....
or it could even be my dodgy eyesight
nsign7

Post by nsign7 »

On further reflection (had a much closer look this evening in the shade) it does look as if the plastic spoiler is a tad darker than the metal roof and sides...

Thanks everyone for the responses. I can go back to enjoying the car