Wing mirror replacement

Bodywork & Interior problems
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

I've had the Tekna cvt since 7th May now and Nissan have agreed to change both casings of the wing mirrors due to bad fitting. Have to take the car in on 17th next week.The reason is that the casing on both sides are very loose and compared to the wing mirrors on the Juke and the QQ's in the showroom they are bad.The new Juke comes with the same wing mirrors as on the QQ now.After paying out £27500 I feel that these need to be corrected as in due time they will get worse.
Toffeeggs2014-07-02 14:41:47
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt

Contigo

Post by Contigo »

I have the same on mine. I had to clip one of them back in! Let us know how you get on with it please!
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Hi ContigoMy are very loose alone the indicator light. There is a gap between light and casing.Will let you know.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Same as mine

Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Just been to my local dealer and they took some pics and will speak to Nissan. I checked 4 other cars there and they were the same so I feel a recall coming on.Here is mine.It can clip back in but pops straight back out with very light pressure. Other side can be forced out too.I found this one too and you can see the ill fitting part and gap, this was on a pre PDI one.Please people check the gaps and fastenings.

mise
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by mise »

Can any1 help me. My wing mirror casing fell off and it's costing me over £100 to replace. It's a new car and I don't think I should have to pay as I believe this is a fault in the car. Can any1 help. It's a quashqai
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mise, you have a New QQ, you have a Guarantee so you should get down to your Dealer and let them sort it out, once you start playing with a “Repair” Action you could encounter problems with Nissan. If it is a fault they will know about it but you have to push normally. Or get your facts together, Photos etc and get NCS involved or at least informed - Best of Luck Dave 🙂
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken