Welcome to the new forums!

Suggestions & Help using the Nissan QashQai Forums
gvmdaddy

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Post by gvmdaddy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:27 pm

Qash wrote:
Rob wrote:
Qash wrote:I might not find the function but I miss possibility to see only unread entry in a topic and not come to the start of topics every time. Before, you could see how many new entry made since the last visit and click on them to get to them right away. Even choice to see for ex post from the last hour or other period of time seem removed.

Otherwise, well done!
There should be a new posts link towards the top of the page otherwise search.php?search_id=newposts should take you there.

The latest 5 posts are at the bottom of the main homepage.
I see the last 5 topics which have new posts, but there is no link directly to those new unread posts, only to topics. When you click the link you always come to the first page of that particular topics and have to look for new posts that may is situated on page 30 of a long topics.
It seems difficult to navigate but I'll see if I'm doing something wrong for the function are available on all the forums I've visited, even on the old forum we had for an week ago.
I agree. New posts and responses should show on the homepage and at the top of said page. As it is now its messy and lengthy getting to new info.

sduk

Post by sduk » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Rob wrote:So - better late than never I hope!

We have a new forum system, based on PHPBB so should be familiar to any of you used to other forum systems. If you've not used it before I hope you'll soon pick it up.

Any problems, please use the 'Contact Us' link at the top of the page or post in this help section.

As you'll also see - we have a new address too: QashQaiForums.co.uk - I hope the new branding better reflects the site and will help to remove confusion. I could do with help to promote it though - if you have previously linked to us could you please update the link to use the new address? If you have a website or blog could you please add a link to http://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk

Thanks
hi. Can you help? I have posted three threads now and none are showing on the forum.

I am able to reply to existing threads but not sure why my other threads are not showing up.

I wasn't sure how else to make someone in admin aware as I can't create a new thread haha :lol:

thanks

Sammy

SplanK

Post by SplanK » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi Sammy,
The posts were pending admin/mod approval for some reason. I am not quite sure why but I am sure once Rob has seen this he will take a quick look.

Ta
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
2012 Micra 1.2 DIG-S Acenta

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:13 am

Hi,
I don't know is the honest answer! I don't think I've seen that happen before but leave it with me and I'll look into it for you.

Cheers
Rob

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:30 am

I too have made posts over the last week or so that have seemingly been submitted properly, as I got the message saying they had been accepted, but they have not appeared on the site. It happens intermittently.

Return to “Website Issues”