Welcome to the new forums!

Suggestions & Help using the Nissan QashQai Forums

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:09 pm

Qash wrote:I might not find the function but I miss possibility to see only unread entry in a topic and not come to the start of topics every time. Before, you could see how many new entry made since the last visit and click on them to get to them right away. Even choice to see for ex post from the last hour or other period of time seem removed.

Otherwise, well done!

There should be a new posts link towards the top of the page otherwise search.php?search_id=newposts should take you there.

The latest 5 posts are at the bottom of the main homepage.
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:13 pm

duncho wrote:- I found pretty painful to attach URL to selected text as I have to create the correct string [url=www.....
- when you click on URL within text, it could open the link in a new TAB, not the same window where forum is opened
- next, the window when new message is composed, does not support CTRL-Z, which is a pain if you accidentally delete the post :D
- also it would be cool if the site supports HTML formatting (noticed issue if I entered a data formated with space that was later on wiped by the website
-

I'll have a look at that for you. For urls it should convert them automatically if you type them in without needing the [url... bit
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Trucker54 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Looks good so far :)
Now very Happy owner of Acenta Premium 1.2 Ink Blue
Trucker54

Postby Qash » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Rob wrote:
Qash wrote:I might not find the function but I miss possibility to see only unread entry in a topic and not come to the start of topics every time. Before, you could see how many new entry made since the last visit and click on them to get to them right away. Even choice to see for ex post from the last hour or other period of time seem removed.

Otherwise, well done!

There should be a new posts link towards the top of the page otherwise search.php?search_id=newposts should take you there.

The latest 5 posts are at the bottom of the main homepage.

I see the last 5 topics which have new posts, but there is no link directly to those new unread posts, only to topics. When you click the link you always come to the first page of that particular topics and have to look for new posts that may is situated on page 30 of a long topics.
It seems difficult to navigate but I'll see if I'm doing something wrong for the function are available on all the forums I've visited, even on the old forum we had for an week ago.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
Qash

Postby DACA » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Good to have the forum back and password not far behind.
DACA

Ink Blue 1.6 DCi Tekna Xtronic
DACA

Postby duncho » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Rob, I have just got this error a minute ago
image.jpg
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear
duncho

Postby jet » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:54 am

Wow! The new forum looks awesome!
Thank you for all the efforts, Rob. You can be sure it's been worth it!
1.5 dCi MT Premium
jet

Postby AlleyCat » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi Rob,

I received a couple of e-mails suggesting they came from this site but they looked suspect (they had links embedded that went elsewhere) and I chose to ignore them.

One came from "ukautoforums@outlook.com" the other from "qashqai@newsletter.feedpress.it"

The concern is i set up a specific e-mail address for this site (i do that with all forums i subscribe to) and i don't use it or publish it anywhere else.
Is this something you set up with regards to one off campaigns to relaunch the site or is this something else that's either been guessed or leaked?

I am hoping it's the former, and i admit am a somewhat suspicious old hector, but i just thought I'd flag it up.

On a positive note the New site seems to work ok for me so far.

-
Richard
Nissan no more...
AlleyCat

Postby Rob » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:26 pm

The two emails are OK. I had to use a couple of random email addresses in Mailchimp to send the update out to everyone. The feedpress.it one is a daily summary of new posts, its a separate subscription and you can signup from the main homepage to it.

If you want to unsubscribe just click the links in the bottom of the email. It's all automatic so it should remove you straight away.
Rob
Site Admin

Postby AlleyCat » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:13 pm

Thanks for the clarification.
I noticed when i manually came to the site and raised a new password request it came from @qashqaiforums.co.uk which made me even more suspect of the originals.
Makes sense now i understand what was involved.

cheers,
-
Richard
Nissan no more...
AlleyCat

PreviousNext

Return to Website Issues