Welcome to the new forums!

Suggestions & Help using the Nissan QashQai Forums

Welcome to the new forums!

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:38 am

So - better late than never I hope!

We have a new forum system, based on PHPBB so should be familiar to any of you used to other forum systems. If you've not used it before I hope you'll soon pick it up.

Any problems, please use the 'Contact Us' link at the top of the page or post in this help section.

As you'll also see - we have a new address too: QashQaiForums.co.uk - I hope the new branding better reflects the site and will help to remove confusion. I could do with help to promote it though - if you have previously linked to us could you please update the link to use the new address? If you have a website or blog could you please add a link to http://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk

Thanks
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby duncho » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Thank you Rob for all the effort!
Is there still some room regarding the website improvements?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear
duncho

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm still ironing out a couple of things - quotes and edited posts don't quite look right.

Anything else?
Rob
Site Admin

Postby duncho » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:48 pm

- I found pretty painful to attach URL to selected text as I have to create the correct string [url=www.....
- when you click on URL within text, it could open the link in a new TAB, not the same window where forum is opened
- next, the window when new message is composed, does not support CTRL-Z, which is a pain if you accidentally delete the post :D
- also it would be cool if the site supports HTML formatting (noticed issue if I entered a data formated with space that was later on wiped by the website
-
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear
duncho

Postby fat controller » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Looking good so far to me :)

Re promoting the site, is there any plans for something along the lines of a windscreen sticker or something? I appreciate there will be a cost attached, but if there is enough quantity, hopefully the price per unit will be reasonable enough not to put members off buying one? I have a contact who would almost certainly help with this, if it is any good to you?
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

fat controller

Postby Gel » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Well done Rob on getting forum back: I never got the initial password e mail, only the 2nd from mail chimp.
J11-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna; Chrome Pack, Bonnet Struts, Mud Flaps, Blue Alloygators, Door & Tailgate Sill guards/Decent horns/ Autoglym Lifeshine /Scratch + Dent & GAP Insurance.
Gel

Postby Roadie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Thanks Rob
Looking good so well worth the wait :)
Roadie

Postby PeterL » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Certainly looks nice and clean, hopefully worth the wait as I'm sure it will be,. Although, for some at least, the 'habit' of posting will have wained a little and hopefully not lost. I'm sure it will prove easy to use. Well done!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
PeterL

Postby Hound » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:09 pm

Thanks Rob! I had password problems too but all is well now!

Thanks for the refurbished playground, LOL...
2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Q-Day was Thursday 23-07-15 :)
Hound

Postby Qash » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:11 pm

I might not find the function but I miss possibility to see only unread entry in a topic and not come to the start of topics every time. Before, you could see how many new entry made since the last visit and click on them to get to them right away. Even choice to see for ex post from the last hour or other period of time seem removed.

Otherwise, well done!
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
Qash

Next

Return to Website Issues