Moaning / Threads that run out of control

Suggestions & Help using the Nissan QashQai Forums
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Trolls are everywhere. They infest the internet environment. The clever ones manage to convince others, more innocent and naive then themselves, that they are not Trolls. If they repeat inflammatory and argumentative posts or views within posts repeatedly and crosspost similar comments to as many topics as they can get away with, believe me, they are Trolls. In most forums their account would be cancelled. Not only their account but their internet address.

rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

[quote="Eddzilla"]]Hello Splank.Some people are just rude, always will be.Alot of people complain or "moan" but this is often met by a swift and abrupt defence by other member which often inflames or offends. There are two sides to every story.Why did Nissan not fit a washer bottle level sensor or dipstick?Its a fair question and observation and one that is not apparent when researching a new car.Its even in the handbook that it is fitted! A point for discusion i have to say.Zero tolerance for abuse and offensive posts - 100% SupportDeciding who is right and wrong in a discussion - This is not your job.[/QUOTE]]^^^This 100%The reality is people will want to vent where things are wrong or where they feel £17k of their hard earned cash hasn't met their expectations. A car owners forum is a good place to do this - equally where people who have found solutions to problems or things they love about their car they will also want to share them - it's a sad reality that it often takes a negative point to act as a catalyst to these discussions but it's this dynamic that drives a balanced view for all those researching a car. From my perspective, I'm one of the many people who did my research online, bought the car and in doing so have taken into that decision all the negatives that people have mentioned. I think it is very easy to 'only see the holes and not the cheese' when you are too close to the subject matter and with that said it takes a particular type of person to be a moderator/admin. It's entirely possible Steve (Splank), for all the good intentions and work that you do you may be the wrong person to admin/moderate the site.If the views and threads are overly censored/vetted I for one will probably be tuning in less often and quite possibly be enjoying the log out button.BTW, I have a dipstick! :-)
rm0rgan2015-03-08 13:05:59
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

Here here rm0rgan well put

I am one of those who bought their car prior to this forum being in exsistance and comsequently could not do much research other than reading the manufactures blurb and relying on my previous experiance with nissan and QQs. I dont believe that I moan unecesarily but I do feel better that I know like minded peaple are out there offering advice or sympathising
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Well I am pleased to see that things have calmed down. A couple of people did get banned, and a number of threads got cleaned up, and people seem to have taken to the 'take a deep breath' I am all for having people have their say, but it was the way threads descended into anarchy that was the problem, and I quickly identified a number of people who were causing it and took appropriate action (banned, or a message sent to them). Those that were banned were simply taking other peoples treads and injecting their own anger into it, and those were the type of people who had already, or were soon to have their car returned to the dealer for what ever reason. There were a couple of others that did the same, however after speaking with them over PM, I identified they were genuine and just had a gripe they wanted to air but went about it in somebody else's thread. Once this was identified, the thread was split appropriately allowing both threads to run side by side and all the information retained. Since that first week after my original post, I have not had to do much at all and everybody seems settled and making good opinionated posts in both the 'I like...' or 'I don't like...' camps. So I am not going to say I am going to relax my stance, BUT where I see, or an pointed out action is needed, swift action will be taken, but my main aim will be to split the topic where I deem both conversations are able to be recovered with a bit of clean up work. I have also got a new 'Review' section added. This seems to have helped allowing an appropriate place to vent their miss fortune which wasn't a technical thread.
SplanK2015-03-08 14:38:04
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

Well said Splank
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Being one of the pm recipients I have to admit that SplanKs message, being politely and logically set, was well received. I am trying to contribute to the forum as much as I can despite the fact that I am not that satisfied with the deal I got with my QQ.The truth about the car is somewhere in the middle I am afraid. Negative posts, if substantially supported, contribute to the objectivity of the forum and provide useful help to future buyers.Ideally Nissan themselves could take into account several points raised in here or in similar web forums European wide. It is just so easy to pay someone to monitor these forums even if they are not willing to provide direct feedback within each forum.
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

Agreed iceman
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

It is highly likely that there is indeed a team within Nissan, or a 3rd party service monitoring social media, be it these forums, twitter, facebook for various comments/feed back and will relay that through various internal processes. A lot of this monitoring is passive and no feed back will never be given, even on FB although things can escalate, its usually a standard response of "oh, I you call XYZ they will give you assistance..."
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

In another life I worked as a salesman for industrial equipment on a self employed basis. In a forum of this kind, but more of a mixed business sector kind, I once criticised a model of a particular brand that a company had sold for four or five years in the mid 1970's.The multinational company's UK sales manager/franchise manager had someone find out who I was and sent an email to my 'employer' telling him that if I didn't shut up, he would lose the franchise for that major brand.So yes, company's certainly do monitor social media and go to great lengths in some cases to protect their brand.I told my 'boss' to tell the idiots, who obviously weren't even born when that model was sold, to get flocked by a cactus where the sun don't shine, if you see what I mean. Whether he did or not I have no idea but he still has the franchise and I worked for him for some years afterwards. This was around 2008 or so.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Well said SplanK , I have recently joined this QQ forum and personally have not come across anything that has upset me. I think this forum has been very good and I have totally enjoyed every minute that I have been logged in.There is always going to be some smart arses that use these forums to run their own agendas , which do upset other members.SplanK, if you wnta to go ahead and sensor these drop kicks , you have my full support.
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum