Parking Sensors !!!

ICE, Equipment, Options
Brumbrum

Post by Brumbrum »

Hi everyone ,
Just joined the forum as picked up my new Qashqai today ... Love it..... Bar one small problem. Not sure if its the intelligent parking or just me.

The parking assist keeps coming on when I slow down or stop in traffic, telling me to find a parking spot !! Tried the button on the right on driver side to turn it off but it keeps coming on .
The only way around it is going in to setting and removing the front and rear sensor.

Im going back to Nissan tomorrow but just want to confirm how things should be working

If reversing , or driving into my driveway and select the camera should the sensors activate and beep. My little work around above it obviously doesn't the camera comes on but no sensors activated.

Then if i want assistance with parking I hit the PA and then follow the instructions and allow the car to park itself. Again there is beeping when guiding you into the spot.

So I should be able to have the camera on and the parking sensors activated , independent of using the parking assist...

Contigo

Post by Contigo »

park assist should only come on if you press the camera button and then press the PA button on the touchscreen.

The camera will come on if you are parking and come close to an object. For example when I pull up into the drive and edge nearer to the garage door the camera us activated which in turn activates the audible parking sensors.

If your park assist is coming on when you slow down, are parking, or any other time without your intervention the as far as I can tell there is a problem.....

Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

Brumbrum

Post by Brumbrum »

Great thanks for confirming that. Will let you know how I get on !
Brumbrum

Post by Brumbrum »

Hi the problem seemed to have righted itself when I was over in the dealers but started again today. If I'm slowing to take a turn or queuing in traffic the front sensor is activating the camera. You can see on screen it's the front sensor reading something . Going to give it a few day before going back again to garage.
Has anyone else had the same issue ?

jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

I have had an issue today.... front centre sensor would activate randomly when at junctions and when parking outside my house indicating close object, ie red. I spent time trying to stop this even cleaning every sensor on the car. If I put the car in reverse the green symbol appeared which is correct as there was nothing behind however the red symbol was on the front aswell and alarm tone on!!!!! .
P....ed off I switched off, went for a pint. Swmbo needed veg for dinner so went out in the car to Asda and it was fine.Now im double annoyed lol Help pls jukester462014-05-11 20:46:32
Brumbrum

Post by Brumbrum »

I know it's nearly more annoying that it's intermittent ! Im looking up other threads to see anyone has solved it seems we arent the only one with the problem.... One thing Ive noticed that it seems to happen after the moving object detector has been activated. Today was driving into the a shopping centre and two lads where in middle of the road, after this the sensors started to beep and go a bit nuts. Ive shorted the range of the sensor under setting but didnt help.
Also lowered the volume of the beeping but its still at a level that annoying ha
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I was hit by this "bug" today. I cleaned the car to an inch of its life yesterday however I went out after an epic down pour. First half of the trip was fine, but then it started to warn me when setting off that I was too close to something when I wasn't. Thankfully, I quickly learnt that you can disable specific sensors in the menu to stop it annoying me before I had chance to investigate (if I recall Options > Driver Assistance > Sensors) and stopping me going mad! This turned off just the front sensor so the rest worked fine. Checked the sensors over when I got out, they appeared clean but gave them the quick "spit on thumb" clean. Didn't seem to initially work but left them switched on. Half way through my return trip the sensors seemed to stop working (not even false positive, then suddenly start working as normal again. Maybe they just needed some time to settle down. One thing I did learn however though, it appears that the crash avoidance system does not appear to depend on the front parking sensors as even with them switched off and in a 'fault' state (IE dirty!), the crash avoidance system still alerted me to the fact that cars up front were coming to a halt... which is nice to know!
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

The crash avoidance depends on radar of some sort and not the sonic system the parking sensors use.
tekna cvt mag red
Brumbrum

Post by Brumbrum »

Good to know that it's not just my car! But feel everyone pain cause its a really annoying beep ! I'm giving it a few days and then will bring it in to be checked. Will keep you posted if I get nay more info, or if anyone has solved the annoying beep that be great to know !
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Remember now that I had something very similar to this after cleaning the car the first time. I 'cleaned' the front sensors by rubbing a finger around them.This was the earlier thread http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... 2014-05-14 08:40:58
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.