Parking Sensors !!!

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

It just shows how Nissan cares... They drill those holes, so that now more garbage from road get stick in..
It does not solve the issue at all but it even is worse than it was..
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Just got my car back from the garage and they have now drilled the holes (despite telling me last time it went in that they don't do that any more).

Time will tell if it's actually fixed the problem ...
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

I have fitted a front A frame and a rear bumper guard, now i have hit a problem. The front and rear sensors are going nuts, i have switched them off for now. Also after driving for about five miles the collision avoidance system light has come on. I have been told that the sensors can be re calibrated to allow for this. Does anyone know if this true or am i going to live with it.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Roadie wrote:I have fitted a front A frame and a rear bumper guard, now i have hit a problem. The front and rear sensors are going nuts, i have switched them off for now. Also after driving for about five miles the collision avoidance system light has come on. I have been told that the sensors can be re calibrated to allow for this. Does anyone know if this true or am i going to live with it.
could you please post a photo of what you have fitted?

Roadie

Post by Roadie »

Not a the moment, will post in the morning.
Forget that.....found them.
Last edited by Roadie on Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duncho

Post by duncho »

I see. It worth to visit dealer to turn sensors' sensitivity down.

Roadie

Post by Roadie »

Thanks.
switchback

Post by switchback »

duncho wrote:I see. It worth to visit dealer to turn sensors' sensitivity down.
I had this with a towball.............................they narrowed the angle of the rear sensors slightly using a laptop. Not sure if that would work with those bumper guards as they are probably way too much of an obstacle. I think the collision avoidance sensor is behind the bumper so you've probably blocked that off as well. Nissan will probably tell you to take them off...................................could be insurance implications as well.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

I have spoke to the dealer this morning and they have had this problem before. They said they had managed to re adjust the sensors but they won't know until they try it on mine. The car is booked in on the 26th anyway to sort out a few minor problems so they will look at it then. In the meantime just switch the sensors off. As for insurance, not a problem as i did not modify the car ie i did not have to drill any holes, it all picks up off existing points.