Parking Sensors !!!

ICE, Equipment, Options
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

Mine starts beeping at around 70-80cm

duncho

Post by duncho »

I promised to give feedback on reprogrammed sensors. This is how it works 1 week since update was done: https://youtu.be/xBm47JTZfHs
Dealer useless with argument: "It was fine after reprograming, there are no errors... If you want to replace the sensors, you need to pay for it!"
I booked the car to another dealer..
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

That's exactly how mine were last year.
It was the front centre two only. They were full of water.
Reprogramming them is a waste of time and the fact Nissan continue to insist this can be fixed via software is ridiculous.
If the dealer even bothers to remove them to check they'll see that's the case.
It took 5 goes to get it through my dealers head that i wasn't going to be fobbed off.
They did report back to NissanUK they were full of water so it's not like this information isn't getting relayed back.

Since mine were replaced they have been pretty much fine, just the very occasional blip in wet weather but nothing like they were previously.

One of my major gripes with the car isn't that things go wrong, it's the utter lack of support from the dealer network and especially Nissan themselves.
How people are treated when things go wrong is what differentiates product and successful business.
Nissan no more...
duncho

Post by duncho »

AlleyCat wrote:That's exactly how mine were last year.
It was the front centre two only. They were full of water.
Reprogramming them is a waste of time and the fact Nissan continue to insist this can be fixed via software is ridiculous.
If the dealer even bothers to remove them to check they'll see that's the case.
It took 5 goes to get it through my dealers head that i wasn't going to be fobbed off.
They did report back to NissanUK they were full of water so it's not like this information isn't getting relayed back.

Since mine were replaced they have been pretty much fine, just the very occasional blip in wet weather but nothing like they were previously.

One of my major gripes with the car isn't that things go wrong, it's the utter lack of support from the dealer network and especially Nissan themselves.
How people are treated when things go wrong is what differentiates product and successful business.
If you still have service sheet with new sensors part number it would help a lot. When I spoke to the other dealer, he mentioned they want to drill it which I don't want to accept such temporary solution. The sensors will get damaged by time completely and then I'm on my own with this after warranty expires. Honestly after all the hassle, Nissan should come up and extend warranty for additional 2 years!

iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

AlleyCat wrote:How people are treated when things go wrong is what differentiates product and successful business.
Being an avid Toyota fan for more than 15 years, this is certainly something that will prohibit me from buying any Nissan again!
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

duncho wrote: If you still have service sheet with new sensors part number it would help a lot. When I spoke to the other dealer, he mentioned they want to drill it which I don't want to accept such temporary solution. The sensors will get damaged by time completely and then I'm on my own with this after warranty expires. Honestly after all the hassle, Nissan should come up and extend warranty for additional 2 years!
Hi Dan,

I didn't have a chance to dig out the paperwork but i needed to phone the dealer as part of my "oil" check.
They were incredibly defensive about giving out the part number, basically a 30 second conversation turned into 7 or 8 minutes before they handed it over.

Here it is:-

284384EA1E

Interestingly when i had mine done they told me nobody else at the garage had the issue and i was just unlucky.
They've just told me it didn't fix anybodies issue so they stopped replacing them and are now only offering to drill them.
All i can say is that when mine were replaced (front 2 only) the problem has gone away.

I don't believe this is a modified "part" over the original, it's more likely it was just fitted correctly.
Nissan no more...
duncho

Post by duncho »

AlleyCat wrote: Hi Dan,

I didn't have a chance to dig out the paperwork but i needed to phone the dealer as part of my "oil" check.
They were incredibly defensive about giving out the part number, basically a 30 second conversation turned into 7 or 8 minutes before they handed it over.

Here it is:-

284384EA1E

Interestingly when i had mine done they told me nobody else at the garage had the issue and i was just unlucky.
They've just told me it didn't fix anybodies issue so they stopped replacing them and are now only offering to drill them.
All i can say is that when mine were replaced (front 2 only) the problem has gone away.

I don't believe this is a modified "part" over the original, it's more likely it was just fitted correctly.
Hi AlleyCat,
many thanks for asking, I appreciate it. Interesting that it helped in your case. I take my car in tomorrow and I'm curious what they are up to with mine.

raefil

Post by raefil »

Car went in for service, a few weeks ago, told them about front sensor problem, they did service but didnt have replacement sensors in stock, ordered them, rang me back 2 days later booked a time for me to come back in, job done, refitted and working perfectly now. 1st class customer service right through, done on warranty.
J11b 1.5dci NConeccta Vivid blue
Billwah

Post by Billwah »

Would you be able to pm me the dealers name who swapped your sensors?
Just cos it's cheap, don't make it a bargain!
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Nissan Customer Services are telling me that there is NO NEW SENSOR.

Are people here just getting the existing model (properly) fitted ?