Send to car

ICE, Equipment, Options
Salo

Post by Salo »

Erm, not sure what to do now??!

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Would be great if the satnav could accept gpx files which are basically routes you draw up and use on some gps eg. Garmin Zumo which I use on the bike
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Salo"]Erm, not sure what to do now??! [/QUOTE]
For some reason you have to pay for it on Iphone/Ipad I do not know how it works on that format, so I have not put it on my IPad. The Android version is free and as stated earlier works perfectly
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="Salo"]Erm, not sure what to do now??! [/QUOTE]Do as rest of us do mate squabble over it lolIts a downside but a minor oneWe can all live with the fact the send to car doesnt send that much to car but in time someone will make an app for it without any doubtIts a minor thing not bieng able to make a route and to be honest if I tell the truth even if it was there id probably still never use it but its the one thing I can say on the car that bothers me albiet very slightlyThe car cant be beaten in its better spec by rivals but at moment no one will write a programe or app for a car thats as rare as morris minors still
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Hi Salo

No-one has answered your question! The iPhone app for send to car works fine! You either select the transit option from apple maps or copy the destination data and paste into the app from the google maps app.

The key problems people are highlighting here, with some justification, are issues with google map versions on a desktop PC - you need an older version of google maps, the fact that it only sends a destination not a route as such - personally i have no issue with this. As far as I'm concerned it's just an easy way to get an address into the car, and the general lack of advertised features on Nissan connect. The big two missing features for me are lack of proper live traffic and no way to select a phone contact as a destination. For these reasons I still revert to my tomtom iPhone app.

But yes, the app works fine!

Chris
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Wont be long I wouldnt think before apps apear thoughIts a new emerging market and now the tech is there to send to car wont be long before things apearI agrea with Chris not having the ability to make a map and send it isnt a big thing, but for me its the only fault I can find with the QQ and as I said if it was there id probably never even use it just moaning because it isnt and should beRest of send to car features like Google and Facebook completely lost on someone like me, im stunned theres a need for it but traffic and roadworks updates could of made this system something realy special
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Proper live traffic or give us an option for tomtom through the connect interface. Oh and notifications from iPhone. Then it's perfect for me!

Lots of pluses. Generally great iPhone integration. Only the satnav lets it down a bit. But it's no worse than any other car satnav.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Fully agrea Chris you said the sentence that sums it upits no worse than any other car sat navJust and this is why I say they missed an open goal it could easily have been simply one of the best sat navs there could be, like an Olympic runner at the very last minute they hand him some army boots to run inAll the equipment is in the car other than a wifi connection, as most of us have wifi that reaches outside our house if they had put that in car to enable updates it would be a winnerIf you cant get wifi at home the Mcdonalds etc all have itHow much extra would ot of cost Nissan to add a wifi hub inside the car? one that will update without using data charges whilst you at home or whilst you eating a grotty burger for instance?
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

For all those who actually own a QQ with satnav, I'd be interested to know what the owners manual contains regarding its capability. Lots of owners are describing its limitations or lack of functionality so does this compare with what the manual describes because if it doesn't, then it would be fair to refer any discrepancies/ problems back to Nissan wouldn't it?Thanks

lythamlife2014-05-03 09:26:32
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

So you get a bookelet then do you when you order?You order from a brochure or an advert, you only get a booklet when you get the carAre you saying the adverts currently on TV reflect what the cars currently capable of?And its not a grey area its downright disgraceful as when you go into a demo and ask re connect features you first must physicly own the car and register online to download the apps, without a chassis number you cannot register and to get a chassis number you must pay for car go home and wait for car to be registered to find out look mum app store has just a facebook and google app