Electronics Errors

ICE, Equipment, Options
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

Just come from a meeting and not sure if its a car fault or driver!! But flicked auto full beam on and it would not go to full beam even on a side road. Am I missing something?

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I already found out re thisits light sensitive Basicly if you dont need it they wont come on lol, they do work as it goes there acceptable but if it detects street lights or even a light on a gate post when your in country lanes they dipjust slide the auto to off and use em manualy if it bothers you, I myself dont like them simply as im blind as a bat and when your driving fast like the road light upon the left stalk you have the auto light settings when super dark comes just turn it one notch to manualIve tested mine loads of times now they do come on after passing a car on motorway but it makes you worry will they wont they lol but if theres a light scource in front they shut back down not to dazzle peopleOn that note im constantly getting flashed to turn my main beam off even when its not on, those LEDs are super powerful
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

Cheers buddy. Soon as I read "auto" I realised I am a Homer..... Doh!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

lol Jukestar my first time I was sameWas going to go to dealer and get whatever it was cut off the car its My car IM the driver I want lights when I want it not be told when I can have it!!!!Then my 12 year old chirped up mid rant when I was suggesting tieing my dealer up inserting hot pokers etc with the answer "Dad cant you just turn it off?"I hate that kid
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

Must read that book thingy in glove box!!!!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Good luck with thatits easier to read the Death of a president book and about as interestingFar far too many things this car doesI just ask my 12 year old now lolMind you my limit of tech understanding is difficult Im still learning which way is upright lol
Moocow

Post by Moocow »

Got similar problem on ours, had it two days and the front parking sensor keeps triggering in traffic stops.Basically you pull up behind someone at the lights, the moving object detection triggers even before you get near the car and then it stays on the "orange" distance warning constantly unless you press the exit button.It also does it when pulling up to a T-junction - a car goes past the front of you even in the further side of the road to the the one you are pulling out of and it triggers and stays on.Changing the near, mid, far setting has no effect on it at all.Sensors are clear of anything, wiped them with a cloth in the car park earlier and nothing dirty in front of the camera up top or grill mounted.Switched it off already. LOL
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Moocow welcome to the forumpop back n see the dealer love, the sensors are ok when not blocked up make sure yours is ok
Moocow

Post by Moocow »

Hi Donkey, thanks for the welcome.I had been lurking here a while and just registered today. Was following the pre-order delays thread as ours was ordered start of January and only just got it this week after being moved on first a week, then 3 months to middle of July, then back to this week.We got a Tekna 1.5 in White, first new car we have ever owned and I am already so nervous about the first parking ding or scratch. Yikes!It has been working fine up until today, took the daughter out the other night in the car park and we just let it park itself over and over LOL. It just came on as we got to the bottom of our hill when a car went across the junction in front and that was that, it's gone temperamental .Will switch it back on a bit later and see how it goes but it has remained this way through at least two cycles while shopping earlier.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Well glad you finaly found your voice mateGive it a good old spongy bath mate and rinse off if its been ok that circle gap might have something in there might be worth doing saves you the wait over bank holidaya small fly even in there dust can unstettle them, whatever you do dont ever wax over them either wax around them but keep us informed mate as you know may help the next guy