Electronics Errors

ICE, Equipment, Options
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Just encountered my first problem - the parking sensor has decided to come on whilst driving. It's the front sensor that alerts you to the wall in the garage, it's on most of the time now, continually, when stopped and in gear (it stops when in Park position) it comes on when near the car in front or even on a slight gradient.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

sounds dafthave you checked the sensors for flys etc? I once waxed my car and upset the parking sensors on a VW for days if not id run it straight back mate it must be driving you mental have you tried manualy switching the sensor off with the switch above bonnet release?
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

That was indeed the problem, I've just rubbed my finger over the front sensors. They looked OK but were perhaps misted up or similar - all well now though.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Glad to hear problem sortedsounds daft a sensor right at front of car can be so sensitive with dust dirt or flys lol
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes water etc. can affect them. Yesterday driving through a thunderstorm the wing mirror orange sensors kept coming on even though no one was overtaking. After I stopped there was a load of road muck and water at the bottom on the mirrors, I cleaned off and everything is now back to normal
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I suspect we will all need to get used to such 'false' signals, there is such a lot of technology and most of the sensors are exposed to the elements - no wonder 'they' want to refer us to the dealer or better still - here! Not a bad resource for Nissan Customer Service which they would do well to foster.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Could be worse mateimagine getting a bill from the dealer inspecting it and then inventing some workshop timeYears ago i had a colour coded bumper on my jag and the paint played havoc with the sensors so much i had them cut offThey obviously sensitive and need to be and obviously at a spot in car that pick up all the road dust etc not much anyone can doIll say this though i wouldnt want to park a QQ without them i cant see any corner of the car maybe old age is creeping in to me
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Donkey"]Could be worse mateimagine getting a bill from the dealer inspecting it and then inventing some workshop timeI think you miss my point [/QUOTE][quote="Years ago i had a colour coded bumper on my jag and the paint played havoc with the sensors so much i had them cut offThey obviously sensitive and need to be and obviously at a spot in car that pick up all the road dust etc not much anyone can doIll say this though i wouldnt want to park a QQ without them i cant see any corner of the car maybe old age is creeping in to me[/QUOTE] It would be interesting (another survey perhaps) as to what people really think about the parking aids. I find then very difficult to use compared to turning my head around. OK going straight back but in a car park for example not at all confident in them.
PeterL2014-05-01 21:25:21
korky

Post by korky »

Slightly off topic but not...

I was in Leeds yesterday and took my car in to the hotel car park where I had a meeting. Biggest mistake of my life. Now I consider myself to be a pretty decent driver with good road sense and am able to manoeuvre the car out of some real tight spaces but yesterday I encountered what was the scariest moment in this car park.

It's so so tight that I had both sensors flatlining and mm's between the car and walls - the angles to swing car down the ramp was so tight that at one point I actually thought I was stuck. Had it not been for the reverse camera and sensors front and back I am sure I would have come back with a dented and scratched front left and rear right.

To this moment I don't understand how people get their cars out of their. There was one tight spot left for parking...was so tight that if I swung the rear of the car in front sensors were going crazy with the wall In front that I eventually have up and spent another 5 minutes trying to get the car straight again to get out. Must have been in there for a good 20minutes just trying to manoeuvre out.

I will never ever make hat mistake again...
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Thing is cars are getting wider, and many car parks etc were made decades agoI too do try and find a bigger slot now what pisses me off is when someone slots in inches away whilst you shoppingI find the quality of the parking sensors are crap, screaming away when you got a foot left but the cameras now thats a god send having visual informationMy old VW had park assist I only ever used it to show off when i first got the car never used it to park but im old and dont trust technology lol, if in doubt get out walk around and look is my motto but sympathise with everyone nowadays the parking spaces need reviewing so we dont all end up parking with an inch between doors