Horn

ICE, Equipment, Options
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Can the horn on new qashqai be changed easily( embarrssing)

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

[quote="Bomber"]Can the horn on new qashqai be changed easily( embarrssing)[/QUOTE]Just lean out of the window and shout "HONK HONK" it will be louder and more effective than the actual horn for sure On a serious note someone has posted in the forum before about an easy replacement/upgrade. You may need to search a bit but it's there.Mark
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

This is probably what you are looking forhttp://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/horn_ ... htmlYou're not alone once used immediately embarrassed!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bomber, as PeterL mentioned there are some comments on this subject as he stated. I have ordered our QQ but as usual there is a long delivery time (Oct) but I have already arranged with our Dealer to remove and re-install our Hella Horns from the Juke in the QQ when we get it. If you are a DIY man the installing in the Juke was not that bad Centre Grill removal was the difficult part - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Interesting; see my other posts on Horns today (WHY SHOULD I BUY A
QASHQAI) , and my dealer's refusal to countenance fitting 3rd party horns to replace the standard Postman Pat ones.
Gel2014-06-03 19:07:25
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
JetskiPaul

Post by JetskiPaul »

I had a girl even laugh at me when I hit the horn at her. Lol
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Don't think I have actually used a horn on any vehicle for years, so I don't even know what they sound like. Provided it meets statutory sound regulations for others to hear that is all the matters. Tough luck for the silly fools who walk around with music via ear phones and have sub woofers that can be heard quarter of a mile away.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, when you live near a City like Berlin which is on par with some of the Asian Countries there are Bikers everywhere old and young. Traffic regulations are ignored for example red Lights - means go / mobiles with headsets / Cycle ways are provided but not used it is just a Race from A to B.
We added Hella Twin Horns to the Juke and these will be transferred to the QQ when we get it, and they can be heard as a warning ?Y“? ! - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I guess that whilst I rarely use the 'horn' it would be good to think that when I did it would be heard and more to the point reacted to! I fear that the QQ Horn would fail that test, it is a bit of a wimp. What to do about it - can't make my mind up so it'll be interesting to hear how Dave gets on with the upgrade?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I will actually give it a toot when next out and see what it is like. Changing the horn should be relatively easy and it is placed behind the easy to remove front grill and from what I can see only has a live input and is probably self earthed, but I could be wrong as some of it is obscured.There are a number of single and twin horns on ebay as well as some old fashioned second hand ones, possibly a second hand one from a German car would be pretty good.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors