Nissan Connect Sat Nav

ICE, Equipment, Options
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Sat nav is ok - basic in places compared to tomtom. A few issues include: GPS fix 'drifting', limited destination entry (two postcodes so far not found!), basic graphics, traffic is very rudimentary, based on traffic announcements not live data. How do I even know this is switched on? I got stuck in some major tailbacks yesterday on the A5 with no indication. Tomtom HD on my iPhone picked up the delay when I switched it on at the other end. I can see me buying a cradle and reverting back to tomtom. Do we have any indication the 'life traffic' mentioned in relation to the new connect system will be different to this and any better?

On a plus I worked out 2 simple tricks: press and hold the 'next move' button to toggle voice on and off and tap the destination time to toggle to time remaining instead.

My speed cameras are working. MyPOI alerts switched on seems to be what needs to be done. Again would be nice if the subscription involved these being live updated rather than the snapshot of cameras on the sd card.

All looks promising but some way to go..

MikeGS

Post by MikeGS »

Thanks for the report. Let us know if you find a good cradle. I have a feeling I'll be sticking with my iPhone Tom Tom until it's all sorted out.
2014 Tekna 1.6 CVT Storm White (well if I ever get it!!)...Ordered late April....Due Oct 10th....Delayed until Jan 2015!....Brought forward back to Oct 15th Oct!.....Collected 15th Oct... Happy days
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Hi Mike

Done some side by side comparisons and no question TomTom had traffic is better, I got a vent mount from the apple store and so if I need serious satnav I can just whip my phone out and mount it. Nice thing is the directions and speed camera alerts fade up over any music or radio you're playing so it all works seemlessly. Shame the built in satnav can't do everything though. I'm hoping we get a free upgrade to Carplay when it's ready as Nissan have signed up for it then hopefully any app on the iPhone is controllable from the connect screen. That'll sort it.
MikeGS

Post by MikeGS »

Cheers Chris

The Carplay sounds like it could be great if/when it's available. How well does the vent cradle fit, is it sturdy? My experience with vent mounts have been wobbly.
2014 Tekna 1.6 CVT Storm White (well if I ever get it!!)...Ordered late April....Due Oct 10th....Delayed until Jan 2015!....Brought forward back to Oct 15th Oct!.....Collected 15th Oct... Happy days