satnav problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

Got my new qashqai (1.2 nightshade tekna) end of march, absolutely brilliant, but just one problem, sat navigation has a mind of its own, usually putting the location of the car in the middle of a field, when I was driving down a main road, and constantly trying to re adjust it's self. I decided to book it in to the main dealers next week. And would you believe it since I booked it in its been working fine, "question "should I still take it to be checked overyozzer2014-04-19 14:40:38

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Yes, take it in. I had a similar fault with a mobile phone and the fault was the GPS chip was borked. It would put me roughly in the right are but even when static it was moving around.
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

It's just annoying its working fine now that I'm taking it in, but isn't it typical of cars
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Mine was weird today, only used it a couple of times and never bothered to check the overall trip distance it gives. So, today I went to visit a friend at his caravan, put the route in and it says 13miles which I know is nowhere near but as we've moved house and it's a lot more up to date than my CRVs system was I thought it may have found a short cut Actual mileage following the route was 21.3 miles!. So, before setting off back home I put in our old address which I know is exactly 24.8 miles from there, Sat Nav says 13 miles for that one as well!.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

Not sure about the satnav, wife has a 13 plate note, her satnav zooms in better, you would think that with the much larger screen the qashqai would zoom in even more
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

Does anyone know what brand nissan use, or is it their ownyozzer2014-04-19 20:34:38
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

I agree about the zoom level, CRV was 10yds not 50yds and there are times it does come in handy, in town I used to use 20yds most of the time.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

When I take my car in on Wednesday I will ask if there is a possibility that there will be a software update in the future