App for Qashqai Driver's Guide

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

We have just got a couple of new iphones and I thought I would play around and download some stuff from the "App Store" and one that I found was "Qashqai Driver's Guide".

Now I am no Technical Wizard and I tried to play with it and there is a wheel that kept rotating but nothing happened. I asked our Dealer this week and he stated that it operates by "Scanning" a particular part in the car and gives you the hints required. I tried the Section by Section Handbook and it is interesting even when you have no QQ.
Can any "High Tech" person that has used this App in a QQ give some feedback on how it works and is it a useable Tool - I would be grateful for some feedback Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Hi Dave, Not got a car yet but do have the app it works on augmented reality, if you sit in your car and open the app when you touch the first icon (rotating wheel) point cam at the dash and it should come up with the description of what you are pointing it at and how to use it. hope this helps.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Cliffgorse, thanks for your swift reply. I have downloaded a similiar App for the "Autobild" (Autoexpress) Car Magazine here of which you can also scan and look at videos so it appears it works on a similiar principle. Thanks Again Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
TC3

Post by TC3 »

The application is fine to use as a mini guide on how the major things work and what the symbols mean. Use it to scan the dash buttons for info and its pointless as only picks up a few of the buttons
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="TC3"]The application is fine to use as a mini guide on how the major things work and what the symbols mean. Use it to scan the dash buttons for info and its pointless as only picks up a few of the buttons[/QUOTE]Wondering if thats because it no longer recognizes the QQ with all the features missing / disabled/ renamed
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Downloading huge update for the QQ owners application. Maybe the camera scanning tool will work better and pick out more buttons. Will try in the morning...

TC3

Post by TC3 »

The update has improved things on my phone to the point it no longer crashes when using camera and the application does not want to download anything each time it is started. Also it now recognises the left control buttons on steering wheel but still omits many other control buttons