How to activate safety cameras?

ICE, Equipment, Options
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

As in topic how to activate safety cameras in the car?
Thanks

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Unfortunately quite a lot ipoppyWe think they are there but dont work for any of us, similar thing with trafficWere hoping for answers soon a few have enquired but no one had an answer yet
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Mine have worked from day one so some of us have em working
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Oldjdub

Post by Oldjdub »

My safety camera detector is working and I haven't done anything since I took delivery, so either it was set up by the dealer in the pdi or set at the factory, but it is there.
I know that's no real help to you but I'm sure if you play with the settings you will be able to get it working. This seems to be a theme in the blogs with owners complaining of things not functioning, but they are installed. Perhaps its more a case of the handbook not being very well written for us technophobes?
Oldjdub
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Its a big help you reporting it working mate as it goesYour bang right most complaints are people not looking into how it works or reading the brochure and assuming things like keyless sytem means autolock etcMy navigation is set up for alert and beep and not noticed any speed camera alertsIronicly its something that I would of turned off myself simply as the car does tend to bleep a lot so its only something im speaking with dealer next week for sake of it lolPoppy try turning the navigation on and go into settings have a fiddle about in thereIve been looking through my POI button today as it goes and stuff that can be searched out in there is funny ive found a crepe restaurant 5 miles from me I never knew about
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Oldjdub"] This seems to be a theme in the blogs with owners complaining of things not functioning, but they are installed. Perhaps its more a case of the handbook not being very well written for us technophobes?Oldjdub[/QUOTE]It's a frame of mind I feel - far better to start with the assumption that what you want really is there and works - that 'simply' leaves you the user with needing to find out how? As most at our age have that time to spare it seems a good bargain to me.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

Ok...I
have figured it out.

Basically I went the other post route and I have used pocketgpsworld.com website to download and upload safety
cameras from there as per guide under following link:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetyc ... onnect.php

However, I have
perhaps made mistake by doing this because you can activate or rather download
the same for free from Nissan website if that haven't already been done by your dealer as in my case.

Now, if it has been installed already on your Nissan by default but not activated you
got go on your Nissan Connect by SETUP>NAVIGATION>POI SETUP>POI WARNING
and then set to ON. If still not working then you got to follow this
instructions from step 12 to get it for free:

http://www.navigation.com/faq/nissan-eu/en_GB/EUR/#15

or as earlier
stated go to pocketgpsworld website and pay for it.

I have seen
post somewhere here on the forum regarding double warning. In this case you got
erase myPOI's on your Connect, which will erase pocket one and Nissan one warnings and
then you got to start again clean install Pocket OR Nissan safety cameras. Hope that helps
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="ippopy"]

If still not working then you got to follow this
instructions from step 12 to get it for free:

http://www.navigation.com/faq/nissan-eu/en_GB/EUR/#15

[/QUOTE]
Are you sure about this as I did not see an option to download for the 2014 QQ but I may well have missed this. I am thinking that what you linked to only applies to pre 2014 models that have a different Connect system. While my speed camera alerts work I just wanted to see if there was an update.
TC32014-04-20 19:57:41
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="TC3"]Are you sure about this as I did not see an option to download for the 2014 QQ but I may well have missed this. I am thinking that what you linked to only applies to pre 2014 models that have a different Connect system. While my speed camera alerts work I just wanted to see if there was an update.
[/QUOTE]
I haven't tried this one as I downloaded cameras from
pocketgpsworld.com. You are right there is no 2014 model on the list (link
here) but it might work if you choose 2013 instead. It says on
this instruction that you have 1.5 NissanConnect systems if your device ID
is displayed. I might be wrong but the type of file which you will download
will be compatible with new system.

I haven't tried if my device ID will be accepted
for this purchase as there is no need now.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I got the standard one on the car working and posted in another thread how to do it.Sorted my Safety camera warning finally.Basically you have to set My POI's to be shown...strange seeing as I didn't add the Safety Cameras they were there by default.Then in the main Sat Nav setup screen you have to make sure My POI's are to On & Beep....Is
very unclear that is what you are making work...strange seeing as other
default POI's are listed as individual items to control.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014