cruise control problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
CJS

Post by CJS »

The cruise control suddenly stopped working: it switched on but I could not set a speed. I tried all the non invasive quick fixes I found on YouTube to no avail but at least I got genned up on the topic. A week later the engine warning light came on and stayed on so I contacted my garage - the car is still under warranty. The appointment is next week. Today the cruise control started working again! The engine light is still on. Any ideas what the temporary failure of the cruise control was due to? By the way thanks for the comments on the roof blind problem. I have never had so many 'niggles' with a car - this has been my first foray away from German brands.
Qashqai J11 1.6D Tekna automatic

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

It may not be the answer, but at 5 months old my 1.6dCi developed an air temperature sensor problem that prevented the cruise control and speed limiter from working. Nissan know of the problem and sent a bulletin to their techs, although it's not a recall issue. Car's been fine since sensor was replaced. See viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3408&p=34147&hilit=sensor#p34147
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
CJS

Post by CJS »

Thanks for this. I am sure the problem is down to a sensor. Incidentally the cruise control started working again yesterday on a short trip. On a second short trip the fault returned ie. could not set a speed. It goes to the garge soon. I will report findings.
Qashqai J11 1.6D Tekna automatic