Parking Sensors

ICE, Equipment, Options
nickwright88

Post by nickwright88 »

Hello all, this is my first time of this board and I do hope that someone can help or guide me as I have been searching the net without success and I want to avoid a nonessential trip back to the dealers. This weekend, whilst reversing my 2016 Qashqai Tekna;'s parking sensors stopped working. On the centre screen there is a symbol indicating they are not working and the On/Off button (right hand side of steering wheel) is flashing. I have tried turning that button On/Off, holding it (all sorts), restarting the car, and all that happens is that I occasionally get a brief warning on the driver notification screen to say they are not working. There is no guidance as to what the issue is, how to troubleshoot etc. very frustrating. I find the sensors better than the cameras for parking. I have also been through the Settings functions and they are turned On. It is back and front that is affected. I have tried wiping down the sensors too. I will mention that on the morning that they started malfunctioning, I had the car cleaned (but they did work later that day), it was that evening that they stopped working.

I have only had the car for 3 months, and this is not the first electronic issue that I have had which is very frustrating and hence I want to avoid another trip to the dealers £££.

Has anyone else had this happen to them, what was the fix? :)

Thanks in advance.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2016 vehicle, faults covered under guarantee; dealer will need to read fault codes showing.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Been commented on before. Seem to remember it being a faulty/loose earth connection showing up as a battery problem.
nickwright88

Post by nickwright88 »

Thank you both, I have tried to find the threads about this without any luck. Do you happen to know where to look?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Use top left hand side search box for parking sensors.
If you've applied polish /wax recently to cr ensure the sensors on each bumper wiped clean.
Last edited by Gel on Thu May 11, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

This is surely covered under warranty
1.6 dig-t pearlescent white 66
duncho

Post by duncho »

My last fault at my vehicle 2.8 years old / 50k km driven was fail of rear parking sensors and error on dashboard showing graphically rear end of the car. The diagnostics showed an error "Rear view camera calibration needed". I had to wait 2 weeks for special tool to arrive so that the dealer is able recalibrate the camera. Now all seems to be ok, for how long I doubt to guess (23rd warranty repair).
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

Hi

New user to the forum as I've just bought a 2015 QQ Tekna and have picked up some good advice and tips already from you guys.
I've had a look through the owners manual and the forum, and I'm after the definitive answer to this: ..

The orange indicator light on the parking sensor button (near the bonnet release) is always on, and why does it come on when I've clicked it off again during driving?

Thanks in advance, Dan Dan
DD41

Post by DD41 »

That's right mine does to...if you turn it off as soon as you stop/start or turn off the QQ It comes back on. It's so it's always on in case you forget to re activate it :roll:
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

Thanks DD41......is this how they designed it and not a fault?
It seems counter intuitive to have the orange light on, as the others switches nearby are lit orange when they're disabled.